cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the merrygo round again

robert1935
Grafter

On the merrygo round again

Last Sat I could not connect to PN server for nearly 36hrs, when I finaly connected my speeds had dropped from 3.3+ to 00.44mbps rang PN gent told me that they were inundated with complaints and that he was drafted in from another dept to help out.
I have received a message from PN to say that they have checked the line and can not find a fault but agree that my speeds are low and they are sending out an engineer to investigate, I have asked if I would be charged for the visit but had no answer, the engineer  is due tomorrow.
Last time this happened some one on here altered my profile and I think something called snr setting and things were all OK up to last Sat , can anyone help???
Regards Bob
19 REPLIES 19
DanHodby
Grafter

Re: On the merrygo round again

Morning Bob,
Looks like your speed has dropped but I'm testing it at around 2MBps this morning. Its still lower than normal and I guess this is why our faults team have arranged the visit.
Its a good idea to go ahead with this as you wont be charged as long has you haven't been hitting the socket with a hammer or you're plugged into an extension etc. Its worth getting everything on your side checked out anyway. If you can let us know how the visit goes and if we need to do anything from this side following the visit we can pick that up for you.
Dan
robert1935
Grafter

The Open Reach engineer has just finished checking everything out and all is fine at this end, the line speed is 3.76mbps, and is syncing out at 3.6mbps. (whatever that means) and he said that the speed I am getting is way too low at 1.12mbps and it is a Plusnet problem, so its over to you Dan
Regards Bob
adie:quote
robert1935
Grafter

Just checked again. no change !!!
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi Rob,
I've just waived my magic wand, if you want to reboot your router and check the speeds.
Let me know  Cool
robert1935
Grafter

I would get a new wand if I was you Dan LOL when I saw your reply I thought great, but when I tried to check the speeds all I got was "unable to access server" I couldn’t access the net at all  I have been trying every few mins for the past 30mins Finally success but although the speeds are up a little it is taking over a minute to access sites, very slow !!!!!!!!
Why is the profile lower now than when the engineer checked it ?
Regards Bob
dick:quote
robert1935
Grafter

Stats

How do I check the stats in the router ?
Regards Bob
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Stats

Assuming this is ADSL, log into your router and click:
Broadband Connection > DSL Connection > Then "Details" from the top right.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Two topics started by the OP merged
Note - how to get stats is also covered here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
robert1935
Grafter

A long time ago (when men were men) I asked for just 1/2 meg more so that I could use my smart TV, my wish was granted and for nearly the last 12 months everything has been fine, speeds of 3.35mbps. Grin Grin
NOW after a long outage a week last Sat my speeds at the start of reconnection were 00.25 now after some help from Dan they are now at 2.49mbps, so please, you having done it once, please do it again and give me that 1/2 meg more Cry Cry Cry
Regards Bob
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Stats tell all Robert Wink
robert1935
Grafter

What stats ? Huh
Anotherone
Champion

The ones you should have got if you'd followed the link posted by Jim in reply #8, but never mind click on the following link if it's the TG582n modem/router TG582n Full DSL stats you'll get the login screen first. The default username for this is admin and the password is it's serial number (don't ever post that number on the Internet)
Also check your Current Line speed (Login required) - don't post your phone number.
robert1935
Grafter

I should have addressed #9 post to Dan, sorry.
Anotherone
Champion

You need to post your stats Robert, it's not just as easy as that, there may be a reason why your speed is slower.