cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand problems

terpal2000
Dabbler

On demand problems

Hi you guys ,I am unable to get sky On demand and catch up service i have checked all the boxes in the sky set up. Local connection and service connection fail even though it seems to be able to find and input the network settings, my sky account is turned on so have been told to change the multiplexing method to LLC-based but i cannot find any settings for this in the router setup can you advise. regards Terry. ps i did,nt fill in the option boxs as i don,t know what these are for. Lips_are_sealed
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: On demand problems

Poll removed as I couldn't see the point
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, what's actually happening when you're trying to use sky On demand?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
terpal2000
Dabbler

Hi Adam well not a lot really been on to sky for the last week keep being told to try different things but still no sky on demand I, m fed up with sky now you always get someone different then you go back over the same things again. About 6 weeks ago we had on demand and catch up no problem then after a couple of power cuts on the same night we did, nt. I have been through the lot I think with Sky tried 2 different routers both work ok with broadband and wifi and both connect with my Internet Dvd player ok but not with the sky box both say local and service fail but still manage to put in the Ip addresses ok everything in the setting is turned on and so is my account with sky ticked green ok . The last email from sky  asked me to change the multiplexing method in the router settings it is a Thompson eg585. I would appreciate any ideas thanks best wishes Terry.
panman

seems I am not the only one tried to use sky on demand just will not connect with router even hardwired router into sky box still no joy, so thought try fibre spoke to sales advisor who initially told me i couldnt have fibre even though the fibre box is at the top of our street  Roll_eyes they then admitted they where wrong, asked if it would be a netgear router told it would be, what arrived is the same router as I already have which obviously will not work. spoke to plusnet who gave me a brand of router to buy or try to alter the config in the router they have sent, this was after calling for 2hours, have now cancelled fibre and looking to move elsewhere  Angry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm just wondering more specifically how the problem presents itself, i.e do programs stream then fail or not stream at all, do you see any particular error messages?
Also can you let me know exactly what Sky have advised you to do?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Estragon
Rising Star

Could this be the same problem with IP Addresses appearing to be non-UK, as per the user with Sky News not working?
AndyH
Grafter

When you do the connection test in the settings page, where does the box pass/fail?
terpal2000
Dabbler

Hi Andy i have only the old On Demand service no catch up section ,but like i said earlier we had the new service for about 2 /3 weeks before it disappeared  we cannot connect local and service still fail ip addresss ok we cannot stream or load anything as we cannot connect . tried several Ethernet cables 2 routers rebooted everything reset router still the same. Sky have offered an engineer call but they need £70 for this been with them 23 years and never called them out so i am reluctant to pay for a so called free service thanks Andy regards Terry.