cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off peak download still counted in Paid for usage on PAYG

drw
Grafter

Off peak download still counted in Paid for usage on PAYG

After midnight had struck this morning I downloaded two sets of Safari updates - 40MB each, at about 7 15 am I downloaded another to a third machine.
Looking at the VMBU screen it shows that only 45 MB was included in the Free Usage total. So it looks as if I do not get free usage at midnight inspite of all the publicity about the free usage being from midnight to 8 am.
Please update either your free usage publicity or your methodology in calculating the VMBU amounts.  Preferably the latter please.
3 REPLIES 3
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Off peak download still counted in Paid for usage on PAYG

I think on PAYG usage around midnight and 8am is not counted at all.  PAYG usage is recorded from BT radius updates which from memory are received every 10-15mins.  All Plusnet know is that you have downloaded x amount of usage between 2 times.  They don't know if it was just before midnight (or 8am) or just after midnight (or 8am), so that is not added to either.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Hi there,
We do not count the last update (generally one every 15 minutes) in the free usage period.  We don't count the fuirst one either, just to make sure that we don't charge any of our customers for their usage on the "free" period.
It sounds like we've just cut off some of the usage in the last bit of your free time.  It shouldn't be anything to worry about.
drw
Grafter

Thanks - I can sleep easy again <g>