cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ofcom Voluntary Speed Code of Practice - Cease Fee charges

FIXED
poplakin

Ofcom Voluntary Speed Code of Practice - Cease Fee charges

The PlusNet website takes you to a page for the Ofcom Voluntary Speed Code of Practice and states:-

"What if I am unhappy with the speed you are providing?

If we cannot provide a speed equal to or better than the Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed, you should contact our support team and we'll work with you to try and get the matter resolved.

Should our faults team confirm there is nothing that can be done to resolve your fault you have the right to leave without paying any Early Termination or Cease fee charges. If you want to do this, you should speak to our Customer Options Team."

For the last 12 months we have had the most pathetic service from PlusNet with speeds of around 1mb - currently at 0.18mb.  Due to this, we have decided to cancel and move to a different service offering fibre.

We are now being told that we will be charged £30 for a cessation fee even though the PlusNet website specifically states if we have not been provided with the minimum guaranteed speed, we would not have to pay any early termination or cease fees.

Is this just PlusNet trying it on and not expecting us to do any investigation or are PlusNet lying on their website?

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Ofcom Voluntary Speed Code of Practice - Cease Fee charges

Fix

Sorry to hear you're having connection problems

I've taken some time to review your account and I've decided to waive the cessation fee. I've updated the ticket on your account with more information. You can view that here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=151294814

I hope this helps

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet