Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd periods of disconnects

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Odd periods of disconnects

My connection runs fine for months on end. Them it starts playing up disconnecting and with the upstream SNR going berserk up and down from -3 to 14. Plusnet or Openreach running test seems to cure it for a while then it returns after a month or so. I currently have a ticket open 182302226 for this episode but I wonder if anyone else has ever had this problem. I had the same problem a few years ago which ended up with a cease and re provide. 

14 REPLIES 14
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Odd periods of disconnects

Hi, I've checked this for you and it seems that a couple of settings were off on our side. I've reset these for you, and tried to manually set your SNR at 6dB. Please can you monitor this for 24 hours for me and let me know how it goes.

rustyalloy
Hooked

Hi

sorry for hijacking the thread. I'm having the same problems snr is up to 18.

I have changed it to 10 on the router and that seems to sort it for now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @rustyalloy

For you your line is dropping quite a bit despite the high SNR.

Line tests aren't showing the cause of the problem so I'd run through the troubleshooting steps Here reporting a fault to us Here if you're still experiencing problems. Let us know how this goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rustyalloy
Hooked

thanks will do

rustyalloy
Hooked

it's definitely not internal i haven't changed anything.

I will leave it 10 snr for now. The line has been up with no disconnects or drops in speed for 36 mins.

cheers

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you for looking. Unfortunately it does not seem to make any difference, the upstream SNR is up and down like a yo yo and drops to zero or even a minus number. I think a complete re set in needed.

Edit: Engineer booked for Friday PM

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@rustyalloy - How do you change the SNR from your router? I thought only PN could do that?
rustyalloy
Hooked

@Cagney1994 I have a Asus dsl-ac88u router there is a setting called Stability Adjustment. It sort of fixed my problem though still keep getting disconnects and slow speeds but atleast it's not as bad.

@Gandalf update it still disconnects and is very slow snr is very high again. I see on my router that I have switched over to interleaved mode it was on fast mode. I think I will book a engineer to come out.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @rustalloy

Thanks for confirming that - I've raised your fault to our suppliers and updated the ticket here

If you could give us a nudge when you've updated the ticket with your availability that would be great.

Best wishes,

Dave

rustyalloy
Hooked

Hi It's me again Would it be possible for you to run some tests on the line. I'm having problems again with the internet disconnecting. The dsl light stays on the router but I can't access any websites. I think it might be the router but I have no other router to test. Cheers
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @rustyalloy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the connection. I've taken a look into your account today and I can see that the connection is dropping out, however we're unable to detect the cause of this fault upon testing your line.

As this is the case, we'll need you to go through the internal troubleshooting again, in case any internal issues may have arisen with the equipment in use since the checks were last done. The troubleshooting guide can be found here and a guide on how to set your router up within the test socket in the property can be found here.

Please let us know how the testing goes and if the issue persists so that we can look into investigating the fault further if needs be.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
rustyalloy
Hooked

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply

I think I have found out what was making my router re-boot itself and the internet connection to drop.

I did some testing I started to unplug stuff and found out it was a homeplug who new a homeplug would do this??? It was spamming the DNS. I saw message in the log saying it had reached 150 DNS entries which is nuts.

The router has been up for 1 day now no crashes.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

rustyalloy
Hooked

Actually scrap that the internet just dropped again the wireless is fine the internet just drops. I have to press the apply on the wan page of the router to get it to connect again that lasts a few hours then I have to repeat.

I will do some more testing

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just been testing your line and didn't see any obvious problems so do let us know how you get on with the troubleshooting. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team