Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd issue anyone any ideas

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Odd issue anyone any ideas

Got home tonight, and found that I could not access the internet. All I was getting was an intermittant connection to the plusnet failed billing page. Not due for billing so odd!!!  Disconnected, and reconnected the router (no resync), and found I had internet access but could not access E-mails through either Thunderbird or outlook 2003, nor matter what I disabled. Rang Plusnet and sorted the billing issue, was something to do with my data transfer watch. Finally, completely cold rebooted the router, and everything working again. Anyone any ideas what went wrong?Huh
2 REPLIES 2
clockley
Grafter

Re: Odd issue anyone any ideas

I'm at home, so I'm not looking at your account, but if you have a Data Transfer Cap, then the systems will have stopped you from browsing when your allowance was used.  If the transfer cap wasn't in place then you would have just proceeded at the slower speeds without the cap kicking in.
It is always best to raise a ticket or call through to the call centre though, just to check.
Hope that this helped.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Odd issue anyone any ideas

Thanks Carl.
I did call through to the call centre, seems like I had an extra 2Gb added to the account, but this was in confict with my data transfer cap as well. I am on PAYG, so would not have slower speeds anyway, but I have transferred to BBYW2 as of tomorrow. What I was confused about, was my router appearing to block access to POP servers for e-mail, but browsing was OK. Also I noted in my router that I resynced, but for some reason did not drop the connection to plus?!?!  Sync uptime was 00:03:00, but connection uptime was 00:44:00 or something like that. After I remade the connection browsing was OK, but only after I completely did a cold restart of the router did e-mail come back. ( I did check the software firewall and AVG before I did this, to no effect). I wonder if the router just became throughly confused, and blocked the ports used for E-mail for some reason, or just basically had a hissy fit!!
Anyone any ideas?Huh