cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd disconnections on FTTC

lorisarvendu
Grafter

Odd disconnections on FTTC

I get the odd disconnection probably once a month, if not less.  Doesn't cause any problems, only lasts a few sconds, and if it wasn't for my router logs I wouldn't even know about it.  Anyone know what this might be?
It's not the router, because when that goes it resets it's time back to 2003 until the nttp synch kicks in.  It's the openreach fibre modem.  Yesterday I had two, which was unusual -. 
[Internet connected] IP address: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Thursday, Oct 11,2012 23:29:46
[Internet disconnected] Thursday, Oct 11,2012 23:29:36
[Internet connected] IP address: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Thursday, Oct 11,2012 11:39:08
[Internet disconnected] Thursday, Oct 11,2012 11:38:50
A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
4 REPLIES 4
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Odd disconnections on FTTC

Quite possible that the cabinet's DLM is 'tweaking' your line settings, usually nothing to worry about unless it either happens too much or keeps lowering your connection speed.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
I've checked your line and there is no cause for concern with these disconnections.
One of the disconnections seems to have been from an update we received regarding the profile of your line.

lorisarvendu
Grafter

Thanks w23 and Chris. 
I wasn't concerned in the slightest, as my speed barely varies between 32 and 28, and that's nothing to worry about.  Who'd have thought this time last year that I'd be shrugging off a difference of 4Mbps?
Smiley
A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
tabo4156

Been having this issue on my normal broadband where my router disconnects then reconnects and my downloads speeds are slow. Plusnet seem bemused.