cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd account summary

David_W
Rising Star

Odd account summary

I was looking at my account summary and looking at it something strikes me as odd.
28/10/2008 - Cessation Charge £20.00(upon cancellation) < this was Nullifed and replaced with
- - Cessation charge £25.00(upon cancellation) < no start date but £25 instead of £20?
The next odd bit is:
22/04/2009 - Free House Move £60.00(upon cancellation) Nullified -
22/04/2009 - Free House Move £65.00(upon cancellation) Activated
Same date, but the £60 one was changed to a £65 one?  I have no intention of cancelling (even though TalkTalk promise me faster speeds) but I'm finding it odd that my charges go up £5 each, and with one on the same day (I've only moved once!)
10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Odd account summary

Hi
Hi there, hopefully the following page will give you the info on the cessation charge (which is what increased and therefore caused the house move charge to increase too).
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
David_W
Rising Star

Ohh I see, the house move charge incorporates a cessation fee on the previous line, so its £40+25, and because the cessation fee went up it went from £40+20 to £40+25?
scootie
Grafter

the ones that say nullifed are the old charges before the increase came in, every one will have two cessation charges sat on there account and any one like your self who has used a free house move will have those as well
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Hang on - that doesn't make sense.
I have the deferred cancellation charge increased which I understand but I don't have a house move charge as I haven't moved house.
However if I had moved house before the new charges came into effect there is no way Plusnet can unilaterally increase the charge after the event
David_W
Rising Star

You do have a point there.  The £25 charge came into effect 10/09 and my house move was 04/09 which means my house move charge wouldn't be nullified as the date was before the increase.  Because of that my cessation charge would only have been £20 not £25 so surely the £65 is a mistake?
Mand
Grafter

Is that the only house move you've had?
David_W
Rising Star

Yep, just the once is enough for me for at least another 10 years  Crazy
LiamM
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Hang on - that doesn't make sense.
I have the deferred cancellation charge increased which I understand but I don't have a house move charge as I haven't moved house.
However if I had moved house before the new charges came into effect there is no way Plusnet can unilaterally increase the charge after the event

I was just thinking that as I scrolled down the thread.  Glad you brought it up!!
Mav
Fixes: 515

I'm more than confused about this.
I can see a Cessation charge of £20 dated 28/10/08 (unsure why it's dated then) subsequently nullified and a new one of £25 added with no date. As I had a defferred house move in March this year surely, as with others above, my cessation charge should be £20 still.
Also, the house move charge has been increased to £65, this should still be £40, again, as with others above?
Further reading (note1 at the bottom of this page) indicates that the cessation charge is not included in the new House Move charge of £65.
Also, while on the topic of Account Summary but not wishing to hijack to OP in any way; could someone look at the £29.99 router charge on 28/4/2009. This was a loan router to aid sorting out some issues and was returned (to James Bailey) and confirmed by his PM to me on 23/6/09.
Cheers

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mand
Grafter

The house move fee *does* include cessation (cease at the old, provide at the new).
All broadband accounts have a deferred cessation charge, with no expiry date. This will be applied if you have an outright cease of your broadband on account cancellation.
Regarding the house move fee, I'll ask some questions on that on Monday.