cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK James, I give in - change me over . . .

Original_Design
Grafter

OK James, I give in - change me over . . .

Following the discussions about the loyalty discount in this thread:-
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,2035.60.html
Quote from: Original
Do we have an answer to . .
So,  if I decide to change from my Metronet 1mb IPstream connection including 2Gb usage for £13.75 p/m, to the Plusnet Option 1 with 3Gb for £11.49 . . . . . would I still get the loyalty discount I have already been offered?

Quote from: Mand
Oh go on then. Wink Cheesy
Seriously, if we've made an offer of a discount to you and you take it, this will still stand even if you change product, including a Metronet to PlusNet product. You would not be able to claim deferred hardware as well though.

. . . I have decided to take the plunge, direct debit and all. *resigned sigh*.
So, as I understand it I need to sign up for a PN dial up account set up the DD and then raise a ticket so James (or whoever draws the short straw) can do the 'bodging' required to get me switched over to PN. [Keeping in mind all the while that I don't want to be 'maxed' ;)]
Question 1) My billing date is the 25th, ie tomorow, presumably when I know the amount I should raise a cheque as usual for MN.
As PN is paid in advance, could I send a cheque for that at the same time, as I seem to remember there can be a delay in setting up the DD.
Question 2) Can I keep my existing user name? There are no email complications as my mail is hosted elsewhere, and I would just need to change the SMTP address for my outgoing mail.
Regards - Alastair
10 REPLIES 10
James
Grafter

Re: OK James, I give in - change me over . . .

Hi Alistair,
I think the best bet is to send in your cheque as normal and then set up your direct debit on your new account and I'll arrange for your change over to happen on the billing date afterwards, to avoid potential confusion.
Yes, all you would need to do would be to sign up for a PN Dialup account and set up a Direct Debit, which takes 5 working days. then raise me a ticket and I'll ensure that all of the neccesary work is done.
You may be able to keep your existing username, if it is available on PlusNet.
Original_Design
Grafter

OK, thanks James, will do.
Alastair
Original_Design
Grafter

Att James - Hi there - I've raised a ticket for the swap as requested - Ticket: 23258146, changeover date 25th November.
Thanks - Alastair
James
Grafter

Thanks Alistair.
I've replied to your ticket.
Original_Design
Grafter

Thanks James -
So,  if I decide to change from my Metronet 1mb IPstream connection including 2Gb usage for £13.75 p/m, to the Plusnet Option 1 with 3Gb for £11.49 . . . . . would I still get the loyalty discount I have already been offered?
Quote from: Mand
Oh go on then. Wink Cheesy
Seriously, if we've made an offer of a discount to you and you take it, this will still stand even if you change product, including a Metronet to PlusNet product. You would not be able to claim deferred hardware as well though.

That's the one!
A
Original_Design
Grafter

Hi James - just a couple of thoughts regarding my changeover from MN to PN, my billing date is the 25th, a Sunday - will the change happen that day or on the Monday?
Also, do I need to formally sign up for the loyalty discount or is that included in your 'things to be bodged, list?
Thanks - Alastair
James
Grafter

Hi Alistair,
That's a good point.  The order won't complete until the Monday.  I'm doing it in a way that it won't just break.  You'll be able to log into the Plusnet account on the Monday Smiley
We can sort out your loyalty discount once everything else has gone through.
Original_Design
Grafter

Marvellous - Thanks James.
A
Original_Design
Grafter

Morning James, Thanks very much for your help last week on the (remarkably painless) changeover.
The regrade to max has gone through this morning with the router connection rate showing 7616kbps down/448kbps up, and the BT speedtester shows a line profile of 6500kbps with an actual throughhput of 5662kbps, so your prediction was remarkably accurate.
I will monitor the stability over the next couple of weeks.
Can you also sign me up for the loyalty discount, or do I need to raise a ticket?
Thanks again for maintaining the great tradition of Metronet customer service, I hope your bosses realise what an asset you are . . .
Regards - Alastair
James
Grafter

Thanks Alistair Smiley
If you could go to this link:
http://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?action=wizard&wizard_id=42&WT.mc_id=ec_int200709ocac__pn&link=...
It'll allow you to apply for the loyalty offer, which should get actioned within 24 hours or so (it's an automated thing).
Glad that the Max upgrade went as well as I thought it would.