cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 boostbox problem

cathymoore

O2 boostbox problem

I'm drowning in techno-babble and nobody has a lifebelt...
O2 boost box essential because I receive a better mobile signal from at least 3 different French services where I live.
O2 techies have suggested I set up and assign an application definition to my boostbox  which is shown as an unknown device on my home network, but with a permanent IP address(good).  I have created this definition with the following TCP/UDP port ranges:
TCP 50 - 50
UDP 500 - 500
UDP 4500 - 4500
UDP 123 - 123.
Have assigned this correctly to the unknown device (boostbox) and have done all of the usual switching off and on, done all of the usual resets.  Nothing works and cant afford to use my mobile using French Telco's
Help would be most appreciated
2 REPLIES 2
NedLudd
Grafter

Re: O2 boostbox problem

Oops!
Geoff,
York.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: O2 boostbox problem

@cathymoore,
You're not the only one getting problems with the BoostBox ( and the Vodafone equivalent SureSignal ). It's probably worth reading through this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,107659.0.html and those linked from it. The general consensus is that it should just WORK with the PlsuNet TG582n router BUT quite often it needs leaving connected for some hours before it works!!.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.