Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 TuGo - Traffic prioritisation

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

O2 TuGo - Traffic prioritisation

I have noticed , if i am downloading a file ( for example download.com) , then make a call on the 02 TuGo app (VoIP) from my mobile, the  call quality is terrible and the other person sounds like a robot, and speaking very slowly.  As soon as the download is paused/complete , the app works fine
Seems like the 02 app is not been correctly identified the traffic prioritisation system
I  have spoken to O2 , they say the app uses Ports  5060 and 5061 UDP.
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

31 REPLIES 31
npr
Pro

Re: O2 TuGo - Traffic prioritisation

Since you've got no answer for PN, you could test for your self.
http://community.plus.net/library/faults/using-wireshark-for-data-capture/#queues
I believe O2 tugo can be installed on a PC.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

I am unable to at the moment, as i can not open a new ticket , as i have 4 open tickets (maximum allowed on the PN system)
Is it possible for one of the DC members can pass the query on to the relevant team?
Kind Regards
Mike 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Mike,
I've passed this on to Dave to take a look at this for you.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Chris, much appreciated

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Would you be able to get us the Wireshark Capture you mentioned so we can provide this to our Products Team?
We could ideally do with 2 captures if possible. If you are able to do this, that would be great. Can you also ensure that you start running the WS Capture before starting the application?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Yes , will post back when done, will upload to MailFileShare ( due to having maximum open tickets on my account), and PM you the link, hope that's okay?
Kind Regards
Mike

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mike,
That's perfect, thanks very much.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Chris, unfortunately  i can not do the WS Capture, as the PC download is for Windows 7 only Sad , and my systems are 8/8.1
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go#download
Having spoken to O2 tech support, to see if there was possible work around to get it running on 8/8.1, short answer is no.
If there any other PN customers who are having problems with the TuGo app , please post Smiley
Kind Regards
Mike

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah, shame Sad
If anyone can do as above and send me the captures that'd be really helpful!
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

I will try and get hold of a Win 7 laptop next week, as Chris says if anyone can help in the meantime , that would be very much appreciated  Smiley
Kind Regards
Mike 

AndyH
Grafter

Download the file, right click on it and select Properties. You can run the program in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

I asked the O2 tech person if it would run in compatibility mode, he came back with no, just given it a try and seems to be working, thanks .
Will do WS Capture later Smiley
Kind Regards
Mike

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Chris , i have a ticket open on my account , with the captures required , #86272190 ( got one of my other tickets closed, as its been dealt with since yesterday Smiley ) ,
Kind Regards
Mike

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mike,
Thanks for that, I've replied to your ticket and I've passed on those captures to Dave.