cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now Completely Fed Up With Plusnet!!!

Lodge01
Grafter

Now Completely Fed Up With Plusnet!!!

I have had nothing but persistent problems/issues with my broadband connection & phone line since January.
Which all started approximately one month after having agreed to a 2 year contract with PN.
I've experienced everything from extremely poor speeds, totally unusable speeds, a persistent high latency issue, & complete loss of phone & broadband service.
Usually, when one of these problems occur, I give it a day or two to see if it'll sort itself before contacting plusnet. I then have to wait up to a week for the problem to get resolved/repaired. Then "SURPRISE SURPRISE" within a week or two the same, or a completely different issue re/surfaces.
Again, only 2 weeks after finally having my phone & broadband reconnected by openreach, I'm once again in the predicament of having P*## POOR speeds, & a still as of yet unresolved high latency issue.
I'm a reasonably patient individual, & completely understand & accept problems with technology can, & do occur..... But this goes well beyond a joke!
I most definitely am not receiving the so-called fabulous service which your company are so keen to advertise everywhere & anywhere they can, &, I also have seen no sign of being financially recompensed for all the inconvenience experienced since January.
An offer that was made (without any prompting by myself) by your customer service member in my last telephone conversation.
I have continued to make payment in good faith, yet, PLUSNET (for whatever reason) have continually failed to deliver an reliable & adequate service for which they have charged me for.
I would be extremely gratefully if one of the plusnet forum staff can pick up, tackle, & hopefully permanently resolve these recent problems, including the latency issue, before a feel forced into researching my options as to how I may escape this 2 year PN contract, & so far pretty atrocious service.
Thank you.
Stats & speed test included.
65 REPLIES 65
Lodge01
Grafter

Re: Now Completely Fed Up With Plusnet!!!

NB
Took at least four attempts & close to 10 minutes to post the above.  Angry
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

There does seem to be an issue with this site tonight, it took me several goes to refresh it earlier. Sad
Phone line problems are are dealt with by BT OR, so it doesn't matter what provider you go with (unless it is LLU) you will get the same problems.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Now completely fed up with Plusnet!!!!.

Sorry to hear your still having issues  Sad
I've had a quick look over your connection and I can't see anything too amiss
The last report we had showed no capacity issues on your exchange.
If you can run through our troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net then we'll get this picked up pronto
Really sorry for any inconvenience caused
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Lodge01,
Sounds like you've had a challenging time with your BTOR infrastructure as used by PN and all other ISPs.
From the information you've posted something looks a bit disjointed.  Did you do the "further diagnostics" on the BT Broadband speed test?  If yes, what did that report, if no can you please do so?
The modem stats I think are a bit of a puzzle...
1. You are on ADSL1 and have a synch speed right at the top of what that service can deliver
2. If I believe the 9+ days connectivity figure, you have not transferred much data - indeed Us and DS figures look very comparable - less than 10M in each direction per day  Huh
3. For a connect of 9 days long, there are not many errors... so retransmissions are not likely to be cause of slow responses
Something is not right here, makes me wonder if there is an issue with the router, but I'm no expert in that area.
Can you please look at / confirm the following...
1. What services are available on your exchange / line - see here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php - specifically is 21CN available?  What are the estimated speeds for ADSL / ADSL2 etc?  If 21CN is provided by BTOR, the switching to that / ADSL2+ might se you synching as high as 18Mbps... which all rather makes me think your exchange is not enabled, but it needs to be checked
2. Was the speed test done over a wired or a wireless network?  At your synch speed, you should be seeing better data through put, however if there are local wifi issues, then you may not see the full potential of the BB service
3. What is the 'current' speed reported on the PN user portal?  See https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed - this is the maximum speed at which data will be transferred.  This should be a little less than the synch speed, if it is significantly lower, then the reason needs investigation
HTH until someone from the DCT can get onto the case... what a nice surprise, one of the out of hours faults guys has popped in to help out... I know this is not a formal / committed arrangement, but it does help and I'm sure appreciated by the community.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

This thread merged with the duplicate thread caused by the forum issue and a duplicate post removed.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Lodge01
Grafter

Hello Townman,
Speed tests performed both by wired & wireless.
Current wired speed 746 kbps
Exchange Information   
Exchange: ************ BT Code: *******
Distance:- Direct:    1.04 km
  (appx)* By Road: 1.3 km
  Status 
ADSL enabled: March 16, 2005
DSL Max enabled:  March 31, 2006
21CN WBC (Broadband) Not available
21CN due : (PSTN) info N/A 
FTTC RFS date 30.06.14
SDSL enabled : Not Enabled
Broadband Access Market  Broadband Access† Market 1
BT price band BTw Pricing Band  Band E
Usual line speed 7.15mb's
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Lodge01,
Hmmm, not good news on the exchange front.  No 21CN = no ADSL2 = no option to lift the synch speed.  I guess you are in the sticks somewhere...
Good news that the PN current speed page correctly reports your profile as being correct for your ADSL synch speed, so nothing apparently wrong with the line and PN's data view of the line.
When you did the speed test, can you be sure that nothing else is attempting to use the internet - though by my own observations not much data has been transferred if one can trust the router's reported figures.
Can you please do the "further diagnostics" part of the BT speed test and the faults reporter requested by Matthew.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lodge01
Grafter

Lodge01
Grafter

Fault report sent.
New diagnostic attached.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Need to wait for DCT to pick this up now.

Lodge01
Grafter

Just a quick reminder that my connection speeds are still poor & erratic . Somewhat reminiscent of the awful days of dialup!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Lodge01,
I'm really sorry to hear of the problems that you're experiencing. we've got your Fault Ticket and our Faults Team will be in touch as soon as have completed their testing.
Lodge01
Grafter

Hello Chris,
Thank you for the response & the text update. A bit impersonal, yet still appreciated nonetheless!
It's not like plusnet can say they don't have my home number!  Roll_eyes
Can I push you to also relay concern to Openreach on the latency issue, in the hope it's considered during the repair. Rather than just receiving another half-4r$ed quick fix scenario. So to speak.
Also, I'm curious as to what is going to be PlusNet's approach on compensating me for the 3/4 months of a wholly inadequate & regularly failing service?
As mentioned above, one of your phone centre staff had brought the matter up last month towards the end of the conversation, but no figure, date, or anything else was confirmed/suggested - or persued by myself, until now.
Thanks!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Lodge01,
The update was made by our Faults Team, sorry they sent an SMS message, some people prefer a call whilst others prefer a text message, if you'd prefer an update over a telephone conversation, please do feel free to request this on the Fault Ticket.
With regards to the fault itself; we've raised a case with our suppliers as we believe that there is a potential congestion issue at your Local Exchange. As soon as we hear back from our suppliers' we'll update you.
Compensation/refund for downtime will be discussed once the fault has been resolved so that we can work out the exact amount of time that this has affected your service for, in total.