cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now 3 weeks with no service - Can't get engineer booked

dave1969

Now 3 weeks with no service - Can't get engineer booked

I  think my ticket number is 86325584. The problem is being looked at by manager Chris.
Internet went down on Saturday 24th May just before 1pm.  After a few days of testing it was decided that an OR engineer should be booked to do further tests and hopefully find the fault.
This is where the fun starts, an engineer was booked for June 4th am, arrange to be in, gets to midday and nothing, 1pm goes and still nothing. Annoyed, call Plusnet - they arrange visit for following day.
June 5th, expecting am visit from engineer. Again, 1pm passes with no show. More than annoyed,  call PN and find out whats happening.
Next day after a number of calls to PN I'm told there is a problem with the engineer booking process. The booking from PN never completes fully at the Openreach end so an engineer is never allocated.
After waiting a few days for the system to clear, PN try another booking for June 13th (yes, Friday the 13th no less), needless to say the engineer didn't turn up and the booking problem seems to be unresolved.
Has anyone else had similar issues?  Frustrating to say the least, now approaching 4th week with no Internet access.
Typed on a mobile so apologies for any errors.
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Now 3 weeks with no service - Can't get engineer booked

Hi Dave,
Welcome to the forums.  Sorry to hear of your woeful tale of BTOR engineer no-show / failed bookings.  The Digital Care Team (DCT) PlusNET staff are not usually around the forums on weekends, so you are not likely to see a response until Monday.
Reports of BTOR no shows are legion and it varies by region, one user in NI had 3 consecutive no shows.  Also of recent times there have been numerous reports of engineer bookings not been correctly being actioned within the BTw / BTOR systems and such failures not being correctly reported back / received by the requesting ISP.
DCT should be able to at least get the booking issue sorted quite quickly, but you could still be at the mercy of systematic no shows in your BTOR region.

@DCT As suggested elsewhere, what tactical activity has been actioned to address booking failures such as this?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Now 3 weeks with no service - Can't get engineer booked

Hi dave1969,
I'm sorry to hear of the continued issues regarding your fault. I have spoken to Chris and he has advised me that he'll provide an update on the ticket by the end of the day today.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.