cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification of FTTC availability

plusmore
Grafter

Notification of FTTC availability

My exchange is due to be enabled for fibre next month (EMSOSHM) - will I be contacted when I can order an upgrade to fibre or will I have to check for when the stickers appear on my local cabinet or something?
Peter
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Notification of FTTC availability

Your fibre cabinet might or might not have stickers applied when it is fibre ready. A more reliable approach is to visit the BT Broadband Availability Checker and enter your phone number. This will list the services currently available on your line.
When FTTC is listed you should be able to place an order for it with Plusnet.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We do occasionally send out marketing emails to newly enabled fibre customers, but I doubt this will happen as soon as your cabinet is enabled - as spraxyt says, best to keep an eye on the bt checker and as soon as that either gives you an estimate or states fibre is available to order we should be able to get it for you Smiley
Devonian
Grafter

Plusmore,
My exchange (Paignton) was enabled last December.
In March my cab (21) was replaced and a stick saying fibre is available put on it.
BTOR still haven't installed the equipment though, and on the www.dslchecker.bt.com website it now says FTTC be available by the end of 2013.
Don't get your hopes up mate. Wink