cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noticed an odd login on router

steveuk
Grafter

Noticed an odd login on router

I noticed an odd thing with my router the other night, Was checking out user management and it seemed to be loged into some diagnostics/intercept mode and i have never seen this before.
I have no idea how or what caused this so i have reset the router and changed my password and also turned the wireless off.
Anyone have any idea what caused this as it seems a bit didgy to me.
9 REPLIES 9
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Re: Noticed an odd login on router

Are you able to reproduce and provide some screenshots or anything?
What router is it?
steveuk
Grafter

Since manualy setting to login back to admin i have not seen the diagnostics thing show up again and i dont even see it as an option to choose in the user management.
I diden't think to take any screenshots as i was in a rush to get things set back to normal.
Router = Technicolor TG582n FTTC

On this pic it shows my normal admin login but the other day this diagnostics setting was underneath the admin login with intercept next to it and it was ticked as the default user.
I can see an intercept option if i click on add new user but as i have never done this i have no idea how it was set to this diagnostics mode.
OK after looking again the only way i can get it to show diagnostics is to manual set a new user with Diagnostics as that name then from the drop down list i can choose intercept, I would also need to make a new password to be able to login in this mode.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

hmm i just checked myself and seemed I to was logged into
Username  : diagnostics  Privileges  intercept 
I have change the user default back to admin but i dont see a way to remove the other login and have no clue why it's there or was logged into it in the first place, I did change the password to login to the router when i got it to one that was more easier for me to remember would that have done it, should i be worried ?
Router is Technicolor TG582n FTTC
I'm sorry i cant for the life of me figure out how to get a screen shot of it  printscreen for some reason wont work 

buseng12
Grafter

"Snipping Tool"?
jim:quote
steveuk
Grafter

I used the print screen key then opened windows paint and pasted it in and saved as jpeg.
When your on the user manager screen click the Configure option top right of the page nex to overview, This should give you the option to remove the diagnostics user.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Is Remote Assistance enabled?  Think it was on by default when I got my TG582n, could be the reason why if you used support recently.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
steveuk
Grafter

Quote from: Gus
Is Remote Assistance enabled?

It's disabled in my router and i have not had any issues that needed any support from a remote login as i tend to fix everything myself if i can.
Still puzzled as to what caused this and looks like i'm not the only one so some info on what might have happened would be usefull.
Pedro
Grafter

Nothing dodgy about it, it's perfectly legit.
This post may help.
Good luck.
steveuk
Grafter

Cheers that seems to explain it although i don't like it but each to there own.
Think i might just downgrade the firmware as i prefer the old login how it was before and to be honest i think the new firmware is slightly buged as sometimes the hole router reboots itself when i change things and it never used to do this before.