cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure who or how to report this so...

krf45
Hooked

Not sure who or how to report this so...

Were upgrading from standard broadband to fibre with plusnet at the moment, date for it is next Monday, however, since fibre was enabled by open reach at our cabinet, the standard broadband were currently using has been getting slower and slower.

Drastically so, used to connect between about 1100-1200/8000-9000.  Since the change a couple of weeks back its been getting gradually lower every time we look and were looking a lot because its preforming poorly and with even more frequent drops.  

Right now its reading at 1172/5852.

I really hope fibre wont be a let-down next Monday and will actually have close to the estimated speed, but in the meantime, I'm feeling pretty bad for any poor sod around here that isn't upgrading.

For reference, in case someone happens to search for their exchange its listed as "Exchange RHU", and "Cabinet 3" specifically. 

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Not sure who or how to report this so...

Hi there,

Whilst my tests aren't identifying a definitive cause of that, your SNR target is higher than I'd like to see.

The SNR helps the line to remain stable and unaffected by noise or interference on the line. The higher the setting for SNR, the higher the level of noise can be tolerated. By lowering it a tad, I'd expect your line speed to be a bit better.

Can you let us know how it looks within a few hours?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
krf45
Hooked

Interesting, it just dropped again a few minutes ago, I went to look to see what it was at and was surprised to see it up at the 7.5k region, came here to mention it and saw your response round about the same time, I don't know exactly what you did but it certainly seems like its a positive step.  Will monitor and let you know once its had the chance to stay connected for some time. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

That's likely caused by the line test I completed and moving the SNR target down.

Happy to hear it's already showing a positive effect. Keep us posted.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet