cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy paying for this months broadband!

LJEDM
Dabbler

Not happy paying for this months broadband!

There was an outage not too long ago that lasted a few days, that was apparently sorted. But since then there have been many outages, some short, some lasting a day or longer. Also when the broadband has been connected it has been half the speed that it was prior to these issues.

11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Not happy paying for this months broadband!

If you've seen outages after the ones we posted to our service status, I'd advise getting a fault reported to us so we can investigate what's happening https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
LJEDM
Dabbler

The outages don't seem to be in relation with the service status outages. The broadband is back up, but still at half the speed it was prior. Fibre has just become available in the area and we are questioning whether this is PlusNet/BT's way of pushing us towards the more expensive packages.

Chris
Legend

Have you reported the issue using the link above to us?

We cannot directly control the sync or sync speeds between your premises and the exchange, if there is a fault causing the issues we need to look in to this.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
LJEDM
Dabbler

I have done. I received a text when the broadband came back up stating that the problem has been resolved. I can;t say the issue with speed is anywhere near resolved.

Chris
Legend

Please send me a private message and I'll take a look.

Chris
Legend

Thanks, I'm testing your line and there's nothing obviously wrong. It's quite a long line though so the performance isn't going to be great if I'm honest on ADSL.

Downstream Link Info

Loop Loss Loop Loss Add Text SNR Margin Errored Seconds HecErrors Cell Count Speed
61   6 0 0 1283337032 1344

The line is slightly below what's known as the FTR (Fault Threshold Rate) so we can try and push this through as a speed issue, even though you are well within the estimates for your line.

Before we do this, how is your router connected? Are you in the test socket without using any extension leads?

Estimates

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 45.2 34.3 8.1 5.8 -- Available -- --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 37 21.3 7.3 3.7 -- Available -- --

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

ADSL Max Up to 1 -- 0.75 to 2.5 Available -- --

LJEDM
Dabbler

Thank you. Yes the router is directly plugged into the test socket with no adapters.

Chris
Legend

The testing I'm doing might force your line to disconnect briefly too.

LJEDM
Dabbler

That's fine

Chris
Legend

OK, the next step is an engineer booking. I've updated the ticket on your account with details and you can reply to that here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=130631625

Chris
Legend

It is worth keeping in mind that any increase in speeds you might see will be marginal simply due to the length of the line.