cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy about email from loosing ISP

David661
Grafter

Not happy about email from loosing ISP

I thought it was just a matter of Plusnet telling my ISP I was moving to Plusnet

I was sent a letter by post from Plusnet telling me my service would end 10/8 and to do nothing if I was happy to move.

But this AM I got an odd call from TT asking for all my security info I refused then I was sent this email

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good morning Dxxxx,

I have tried to contact you today to discuss the request we have to transfer your services over to another provider.
Could you please confirm this is a request you have ordered and and if so which provider you will be moving to and the reason for leaving Talk Talk Business.

Regards.

Lxxx Sxxxx
Customer Loyalty Advisor 
TalkTalk Business

01482 971031

Mon - Thurs 8.45am - 5.30pm
Fri - 9.00am - 4.00pm

axxxx.lxxx@talktalkplc.com

Please email myself directly to ensure a call back

Please ask me about our O2 and Vodafone sim only deals

##############################################################################

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any idea what is going on ?? I thought trying to keep customers after move was started was no longer allowed and since Plusnet asked for the move whay does TT now need to know where I am moving to.

If a mod needs the full version of the email just send me an email address by PM and I will send it over

4 REPLIES 4
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Not happy about email from loosing ISP

Hi @David661

When you move to a new provider, your old provider may contact you to make sure that you made the request. Sometimes your new provider may accidentally input the wrong address, so this is just to make sure that the request is genuine.

If you don't respond to them, the order will still complete. It's entirely up to you if you tell them why you left, as they shouldn't be asking that or chasing you up.

David661
Grafter

Hi

It did make me worry rather she phoned up out of the blue saying in order for her to talk to me I needed to give her my security info

Since she called me NOT me her and I had been set a letter from TT in the post saying if I wanted the move to take place I was to do nothing I thought this is a scam call

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @David661 I can why you were concerned with the call, however judging from the email you sent, the job title of the adviser is 'Customer Loyalty Team', I believe this is just a professional wording for 'retention'. Most providers would prefer to retain their existing customers then have them move to a new provider.

From what my colleague wrote previously, you do not need to take any action. Should you require any further assistance from us feel free to ask. I would like to also warmly welcome you to our community forum Smiley

David661
Grafter

"Most providers would prefer to retain their existing customers then have them move to a new provider."

and a good way to do that is to give the customer good service, sadly that was not the case for me I spent weeks asking for a reset cos my line was banded due to work on my other line causing the line I am moving going on off on off while the work was done

But for a long time I was fobbed of with reasons why that could not be done - when it was done things were still not as good as they had been before. still water under the bridge now all set here for move line day 10/8