cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting new speed yet... Should I give it a while?

J_i_m
Grafter

Not getting new speed yet... Should I give it a while?

I upgraded to the newer version of the Fibre Extra package for this billing cycle.  I've had an email telling me I've been successfully moved over, but my download speed is still the same.

I've reboot the router and the BT OR box plugged into the socket but no difference.
I'm expecting 60ish but am still getting the pre-change speed:

The page at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed tells me that my current line speed is 78 Mb. 
I've no idea what my sync speed it as this awful router (the plusnet WNR1000v3 netgear box from the fibre trial) doesn't seem to be able to tell me (unless I'm being a tool and it's right in front of my face) 😕

Should I just wait for a while or does it need a manual kick somewhere?

-JT
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Not getting new speed yet... Should I give it a while?

've no idea what my sync speed it as this awful router (the plusnet WNR1000v3 netgear box from the fibre trial) doesn't seem to be able to tell me (unless I'm being a tool and it's right in front of my face) 😕
It's nothing to do with the router. Only the BT OR modem knows what the synch speed is and it wont allow you to see it with the standard BT firmware.
A BT speedtest will show you the IP Profile which is calculated directly from the synch speed. IIRC its about 88% of the synch speed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

J_i_m
Grafter

Good call.
My profile still isn't updated Sad
Not sure why the speed ranges are 0 though.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I expect your product details in the Member Centre have been updated but the order on BT to transfer you to the 80/20 service has still to complete. Are there any closed service notices on your account related to this?
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi JT,
The modify order that has been placed to move you onto the new product has not completed, it is scheduled to complete today and usually has completed by this time, by the end of the day you should your increase in speed.
Apologies for the delay.
Let me know how you get on.
Chris