cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting full bandwith

grantmac

Not getting full bandwith

Hi, 

A few issues im trying to work through but i'll start with the main one. Using the Plusnet hub, wired only to one laptop for testing. I can see im syncing with the following. 

Downstream Upstream     Line Coding(Trellis): On On     SNR Margin (1 dB): 6.4 6.0     Attenuation (1 dB): 5.0 4.5     Output Power (1 dBm): 0.0 12.6     Attainable Rate (Kbps): 23632 1232  

I am very close to the exchange and over the last 8 years ive always managed to get 20M+ downloads. However with Plusnet I cant seem to get over ~17M.

Could anyone suggest what we can do with my profile/line config to get the maximum available bandwidth please. 

Many thanks

Grant

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Not getting full bandwith

Sorry to hear you're speeds aren't where you think they should be.

There's very little we can do as your profile is currently correct and your speeds are within the estimate we gave you.

As such we wouldn't be able to raise this as a fault.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

You do appear to have interleaving applied to the downstream (96) - if your error rates are low the connection would run faster if it were removed.

grantmac

Hi, 

Not sure what to do here then as with BT, SKY (as examples on the same line, exchange etc) I got the full bandwidth. Is there anything config wise we can change? As suggested by JayG can interleaving be removed please. Im so close to the exchange I can touch it. Am I being throttled in any other way perhaps? Is the profile high enough to allow full use of the bandwidth?

I hope we can get this sorted as Im so far impressed with Plusnet. 

Regards

Grant