cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a moan, more for info...upstream sync seems slow.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Not a moan, more for info...upstream sync seems slow.

My downstream sync is within its usual range of 7900-8100kbps ( actual 7991 @3dB  NM).
However in the last week/ ten days the upstream sync has dropped from ca.900 kbps to ca. 530 kbps and the noise margin increased from ~6.3dB to ~15dB.
ISTM that upstream data is usually fairly steady, so I am interested what may have caused the change.
Comments, please! Friends
EDIT: FWIW upstream bit loading has some differences in pattern; pdf att'd,
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Not a moan, more for info...upstream sync seems slow.

Really hard to tell to be honest, only thing that I've noticed that may tie in to what you've mentioned is that you've been connection for the past 7 days.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Hero

But isn't such a large change in upstream SNR somewhat unusual? IIRC the minor drop in downstream sync (and of course the proportionately bigger one in upstream) was one overnight. I would have thought the the upstream's actions suggested something amiss.
I think I may try a disconnect and power off/on tomorrow morning to see if that knocks the upstream out of its lethargy,or maybe its SNR and speed can be dealt with your end?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just let us know what happens after a reboot, can't see any obvious issues from this side TBH.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Hero

AOK u/s syncnow 935 kbps and snr 6.3dB. Thanks for your patience Wink