cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a great experience with PlusNet so far...

mfj

Not a great experience with PlusNet so far...

For a company which prides itself on its customer service (which is why I signed up a couple of months ago), so far it has been incredibly poor. Without going into previous issues with my line which may or may not have been BT's fault, right now I have intermittent Internet access at (what I presume are) peak times. Dropped connections, >3 seconds latency, no DNS from time to time. I'm using my tethered 3G connection to post this as it's more reliable that my ADSL  Sad
I also note that:
1. Plusnet's phone queue is always > 1 hour (when I am awake, anyway), however now even their online service status is down - ashamed of the awful statistics? How is this good service?
2. Their 'broadband toubleshooter' will give me an error on step 3 each time I use it, so not much help there
3. A ticket I think I did manage to raise has been open for a couple of days (I can't tell exactly how long as Plusnet's customer section of their website is AWFUL - I can't find any way to contact them directly), with no reply
What gives, Plusnet?
3 REPLIES 3
gnicholson8
Grafter

Re: Not a great experience with PlusNet so far...

I called PN support at 19:00 and the queue to get through was (approaching fifteen minutes according to the recording) and I got hold of someone within five.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Quote from: mfj
...however now even their online service status is down - ashamed of the awful statistics? How is this good service?

For information PN made a major change to their internal phone systems last Saturday (related to the new call centre coming on line) see here.  The existing stats reporting scripts are not compatible with the new phone system.  Accepting that call answering could be better (it is highly variable as indicated by the preceding post) there is no subdefuge here as you seem to imply.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi mfj,
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having such issues with your connection. I can see that a Fault Ticket has dropped into the correct pool for our Faults Team to investigate for you.
We're working hard to get our call wait times down and will continue to do so. We understand that waiting over an hour in a queue for support is unacceptable and we're taking the steps to improve on this.
The Broadband Troubleshooter has generated an error, however, it has created a ticket so our Faults Team can run manual tests on your line instead.
Thanks for your feedback on our Support section of our website. I appreciate it's not the easiest to navigate around, we're aware of this and this is something further that we will look to improve on, once we have fixed some of the higher priority issues we currently have open.
Our Faults Team should be back in touch within 48-72 hours of your ticket being raised.
Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.