cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a good experience "moving home" and now speed has suddenly vanished?

mikeonslow

Not a good experience "moving home" and now speed has suddenly vanished?

I recently moved house and, thanks to being completely satisfied over the last 12 months, took Plusnet with me.
Unfortunately, when I got home from work after having the line to my new home reconnected, the internet wasn't working.  An hour on the phone to customer services was spent mainly on hold, mainly because I got the impression that they didn't have a clue what was wrong.
Eventually, due to sheer blind luck I fear, we got it working by plugging the router directly into the test slot on my BT box and without the landline being plugged in either.
For the first week or so this has been fine and was working OK, but then today suddenly the speed dropped. I was told that I could get up to 17Mbps on the line (and therefore realistically expected 13-15), but doing a speed test now I'm getting 0.7Mbps.
I've checked the Plusnet line speed checker and am getting the following results:
Estimated line speed: 2.0Mb
Current line speed: 16.2 Mb
I'm not really sure what that means, but what I am sure of this I am getting neither 16.2 or 2Mb...
Anyone got any bright ideas? Is there something wrong with the line itself? The installation of it into my property? The router? Something else?
Any light that can be shed would be greatly appreciated!
1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 152

Re: Not a good experience "moving home" and now speed has suddenly vanished?

Our tests aren't showing any issues.
Are you connected over a wired or wireless connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team