Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Plusnet Line (BE*) need some advice please

markrach
Grafter

Not Plusnet Line (BE*) need some advice please

Hey,
This is not anything to do with plusnet and is not a fault but i'm a little confused regarding my BE* line.
I had a new line installed and i is a little longer than my plusnet line as is on different E side pair than my PN line (but all copper). Runs from Shenly (milton Keynes and i'm in bletchley  Grin
BUT my stats are really weird because i was under the impression that say a 60dB line on ADSL2+ would not see more than 2656kbps mow look at my stats.
And each mode has been tested for 48hrs with no major problem apart from a couple of resyncs but it always connected back at around the same speed
Mode:                   ADSL2+
Channel:                Fast
Trellis:                U:ON /D:ON
Line Status:            No Defect
Training Status:        Showtime
                Down            Up
SNR (dB):       6.4             6.1
Attn(dB):       60.0            34.9
Pwr(dBm):       19.2            12.4
Max(Kbps):      6433            949
Rate (Kbps):    5139            952

Now ADSL2 , got to say same results really nothing major is sync but maybe a few bps but attenuation is a bit lower @ 56.5 as expected
Channel: FAST, Upstream rate = 945 Kbps, Downstream rate = 5170 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode:                   ADSL2
Trellis:                U:ON /D:ON
                Down            Up
SNR (dB):       6.3             6.3
Attn(dB):       56.5            35.0
Pwr(dBm):       19.1            12.4
Max(Kbps):      6446            949
Rate (Kbps):    5170            945

Now we come to plain old G.DMT , everywhere i have read shows this mode to have the lowest attenuation out of all modes , but no its does not for some reason its higher than ADSL2+ only 0.5db but it should be lower than ADSL2 (from experiance Shocked , i'm not sure what this could be , swapped filters , routers, RJ11 cables and its still the same also the very high sync and stability with such a long line . Maybe some tech dudes here can shed some light on this as i'm stumped
I'm happy with this line so far no grumbleing but still can not get my head round it
Stats for G.GMT
Channel: FAST, Upstream rate = 900 Kbps, Downstream rate = 5158 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode:                   G.DMT
Trellis:                ON
                Down            Up
SNR (dB):       6.1             7.0
Attn(dB):       60.5            31.5
Pwr(dBm):       19.1            12.1
Max(Kbps):      5191            1094
Rate (Kbps):    5158            900

A Very Confused Mark  Cool
EDIT could be line issue ? line card or something 😕
2 REPLIES 2
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Not Plusnet Line (BE*) need some advice please

Note that your ADSL2+ has an attenuation of +3dB over ADSL2 - which would seem to indicate the extra bandwidth of ADSL2+ isn't used.
So ADSL2+ = ADSL2 (as it should on such a long line, as you've lost all high frequencies)
Have you noticed that your downstream and upstreams noise margins are equal - weird? Wink

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

markrach
Grafter

Re: Not Plusnet Line (BE*) need some advice please

They are not always like that  it does move around , but what i can't understand is an att of 60dB for ADSL2+ sync  5mb, sorry forgot the sync lol "Channel: FAST, Upstream rate = 952 Kbps, Downstream rate = 5139 Kbps" and GDMt being the same more or less but the att on GDMT being higher . I have always read GDMT may = 52dB ADSL2+ can be 56dB always higher , not sure wat it is but something along the lines of tones and mhz  Undecided