Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Happy

stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Not Happy

I have had serious  (no Service) problems with my broadband and phone and these have been fixed ,obviously to PN satisfaction but not mine I now have an I/P profile of 1.68 and a speed around 1.5 This is not good enough for me,as In January and over Christmas  it was 2.18 profile and speed around 2 I would like my profile raised to how it was in January They tell me  it is not  a fault  but this must be wrong  in view of my New Year performance  I would like to use i player and skype and was able to at new year  Plusnet attitude seems to be take it or leave it  Not very helpful
2 REPLIES 2
randrex

Re: Not Happy

I actually feel fortunate to be able to post something as my linespeed when connected (half my speed checks in the last 2 days have timed out with zero data rate) has been 0.1 to 0.2Mbps. It was much faster before I went away for a fortnight. Yesterday I reported the fault and received no confirmation by text or e-mail. I understood line checks might take 24 hrs (that was 24 hrs ago and have still not heard) and am now told (using Chat) that it takes 72 hrs to get things sorted.... BT do this.... who owns Plusnet?!
Trying to find progress on the job was my big frustration this morning - "ask Jess" something like "fault update" gave a link "check your ticket" - which when clicked led to "My Account - Payment Details" (tells you something about PlusNet's priorities!) with a range of menu items at the bottom of the page with no relevance I could see to progress on a fault.
The Chat session eventually led to giving me a link https://www.plus.net/wizard/ which did actually lead to my fault - just a shame nothing has happened!
Also a shame that any new customer seems to get a fantastic discount when established customers (I've been with Metronet/Plusnet at least 20 years I think) aren't, in my view, supported as well as they should be. I suppose I could move to one of the others but from what I hear they are not much (or any?) better! At least the Plusnet Call Centre is in Britain, but I must have waited about 35 mins (rather than the 15 predicted) yesterday to speak - even HMRC is doing better than that now!
Perhaps we need real competition for BT? And I see they are now using contractors to do some of their line work in street boxes so even the basics seem to be beyond them. Virgin has cables in some places (but not here) and from my limited exposure to their contracts/charging/customer service (an aged aunt's contract settlement/termination) I am not persuaded so far!
Where next? Ideas welcome!
dc8
Grafter

Re: Not Happy

Having ongoing problems here and IF you can get someone then they CAN be quite helpful but getting someone is almost impossible !!
I have been updating my fault request since Wednesday and NOTHING heard back - to me, just plain bad manners to not even say "thanks for the message, will get back to you".
Just tried the phone, 30 minute waits and NO chat system.
I think seeing seeing Bigfoot would be more likely then me actually seeing the chat service available !!
Thought of changing ISP but local exchange really only offers PN or guess who, BT !!!!!!