cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nortel Contivity Issues

Conners

Nortel Contivity Issues

If, like me, you have to use Nortel Contivity for VPN access, and you have a TG582n (currently running 8.C.M.0) then you will find that your access does not work.
Luckily (for you!) I have been through this pain before on O2 (when they upgraded my previous router firmware). To fix, you need to telnet to your router and input the following:
connection unbind application=IKE port=500-500
saveall
To undo (if this causes you other issues - which it shouldn't):
connection bind application=IKE port=500-500
saveall
This is due to a Technicolor firmware bug.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Nortel Contivity Issues

Good post Conners,
I hope this goes towards helping others that might find themselves with the same issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nissbird

Thanks Conners, your piece of advice has saved us a lot of heart ache, my wife uses Nortel Contivity for work and she nearly went ballistic when she could not connect today after upgrading to fibre earlier a few hours earlier.
Thanks once again
From Two happy people
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

If, like me, you have to use Nortel Contivity for VPN access, and you have a TG582n (currently running 8.C.M.0) then you will find that your access does not work.

For information it's not just Nortel Contivity, any VPN using IPSec seems to have trouble with the TG582n and needs the 'connection unbind application=IKE' to work correctly.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,107399.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,102798.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.