cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non existent wireless connection

judebl

Non existent wireless connection

Angry
I cannot connect to my plusnet wireless broadband. The problem is not with my laptop as I am able to connect to other wireless providers. When I try to connect to plusnet I get the message "acquiring network address" and even if I wait for an hour I still am not connected to the internet (even though my wireless signal is stated as "excellent"). My flat mate is able to connect, but only if she uses the ethernet cable (even though the router is in the same room), which defeats the point of being "wireless". Needless to say, we are not impressed. I am currently paying for a service that I am not receiving.
3 REPLIES 3
Rich
Grafter

Re: Non existent wireless connection

Sounds like some security setting on your router - possibly MAC address filtering.  You'll need to connect with an Ethernet cable to set it up or switch it off.
Quote from: judebl
Needless to say, we are not impressed. I am currently paying for a service that I am not receiving.

IMHO You are receiving the paid for service, as the Internet connection does work when hard-wired - unless the Wireless part of your router is faulty and was it supplied by PlusNet.
Is it a PN supplied router?  If so, have you contacted support?
Regards
Richard
RandomSniper666

I had what may of been the same problem, the wireless died on my Thompson router wired connections continued to work fine, phoned plusnet and went through the problem, they sent me a new router which came in 3 days.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Would be interesting to see if Plusnet Assist helps narrow the cause of the problem?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵