Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Email

sourceit
Grafter

Nokia Email

Hi
Has anyone here had any dealings with the new Nokia Email software (http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action).  I can use it via IMAP, but it won't work via POP3 although the software supports it.
Could it be something to do with the '+' in our usernames if using a secondary mailbox such as email+username scenario?
I have tried setting this up for myself as a PlusNet user as well as for a customer of mine who is on a Force9 account to no joy.
Maybe some of you N95 and E-series users can shine some light on this.  Has Bob tried this?
Regards
Ben Cooper
Source IT
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Nokia Email

In the POP3 settings you have entered the user field in the correct order, i.e. username+mailboxname, and the password for mailboxname?
Does POP3 work for the primary mailbox which doesn't have a +?
David
sine220
Dabbler

hi,
just reviving this topic
I'm having the same trouble
in answer to your question......My primary email works (as in username@username.plus.com) but the email address i actually use (which is mailbox@username.plus.com)  does not complete. Passwords and usernames are all correct and i've tried every combination.
if anyone has any ideas i'd be grateful for assistance
sourceit
Grafter

I eventually got mine working through persistence.
However, yours maybe that you need to put in the right details.  For the username try username+mailbox (+ sign is required).  No @ signs or the .plus.com part needed for the username
Regards
Ben Cooper
Source IT