cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy line now sorted - But sync speed / profile still low - PN Staff reset?

cannaruk

Noisy line now sorted - But sync speed / profile still low - PN Staff reset?

Hi, I wonder if you can tell me whether my broadband connection is on a banded profile at the moment. If so would you be able to change it to fully adaptive. I have had line noise in the past but this has been fixed for the last week. ip profile in the past has been 11mb but seems to be staying at 4mb at the moment:
Telephone number:
Phone exchange:
UNDERCLIFFE
Estimated line speed:
16Mb (This may vary between 13.5Mb and 18.5Mb) - Checked on 2012-09-08 15:52:30
Current line speed:
4 Mb
. Router stats show below:
Physical Connection System Uptime: 3days 18:53:52
WAN 1 Status >> Enable Line Name Mode Up Time
Yes ADSL Plusnet PPPoA 90:52:35
ADSL Status Mode State Up Speed Down Speed SNR Margin Loop Att.
ADSL2+(G.992.5) SHOWTIME 1144000 4536987 26 16
Could you manually change the profile? and if I disconnect to resync as I am on 21CN would DLM be used or not.?
To sum up I would like higher sync speed on download and nearer 11-13mb rather than 4MB, and now that I've got a stable line connection I don't want to reset modem if this will have a negative effect on the ip profile. Please advise.
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Noisy line now sorted - But sync speed / profile still low - PN Staff reset?

Hi jc60,
Welcome to the community forum.
As your on 21CN your line doesn't get what is called 'banded' that is only for 20CN profiles.
However your line currently has a very high noise value on your downstream, this is reducing your speed.
I have placed a SNR reset and this should hopefully resolve your issue.
This will take around 4 hours to take effect, you don't need to do anything.
If you've got any questions please let me know.
Chris
cannaruk

Re: Noisy line now sorted - But sync speed / profile still low - PN Staff reset?

Chris,
            Thanks for  that and  your quick reply. I'll let you now what happens.
JC
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: chrispurvey
As your on 21CN your line doesn't get what is called 'banded' that is only for 20CN profiles.

You've got that exactly the wrong way round. Check this page...
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Yes, just a slight mix up there.
Hopefully the SNR Reset will do the trick anyway as it appears that your Plusnet Profile is set correctly.
cannaruk

Hi Chris,
                  SNR now down to 6db  . Router stats  now  as below .  BT Speedtest  shows following:  and wanted to do further tests but on reboot of router test could not be completed.
As you can see my actual d/l speed has not changed. Any further help would be appreciated
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I've just sent you a PM. Smiley
cannaruk

Thanks Chris I've replied to PM
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that.
It looks as though your line is still banded even though the SNR Reset has gone through. The reset can take up to a couple of days to do it's job.
If you can make sure that your router remains powered on you should see a change in the sync speed over the next 48 hours.
cannaruk

Chris,
Thanks for info .  So  banding will be removed  and I will be fully adaptive? .Just to confirm sync / throughput speed should increase without me rebooting router?
Jon
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Jon,
Yes the banding will be removed, you don't need to reboot at present.
Also just to clarify on my first post in this thread, the banding applies to 21CN and not 20CN as people have mentioned  Roll_eyes It was late in the day, I just misread it.
cannaruk

Chris,
          Just to update you on connection, banding seems to have been removed sync / throughput speed now  between 12- 15 mb.
many thanks Jon.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Brilliant. I'm glad your connection is all sorted Smiley