Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise margin and interleave

mbeenham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Noise margin and interleave

On 29th May there was an event which caused mayhem on my connection.
Post this event my normal 8128/8dB non-interleaved had changed to circa 7000/12dB interleaved and has sat there since.
I would be grateful if the SNR and Interleave could be reset as the line has been stable since 29 May (apart from my daily router reboots in the hope the BT systems would wake up to the fact there didn't seem to be a problem any more).
Many thanks
Edit: Question 86408218 relates
5 REPLIES 5
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Noise margin and interleave

It might have sorted itself out automatically in a week or two if you didn't keep rebooting the router! Daily router reboots were probably the worst thing to do.
mbeenham
Rising Star

One reboot a day to see if DSLAM sync is back to normal is not excessive IMHO - the worst thing to do would probably be to reboot every 5 minutes...
Waiting a "week or two" on a "might" when the PN team can initiate a reset immediately seems silly.
In any case the interleave will not remove itself of its own accord!
So thanks for your input but I'd quite like to get things back to normal sooner rather than later... Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mbeenham,
I can't see any issues with your line at all so I've placed a SNR reset. I've also updated your ticket too.
mbeenham
Rising Star

Many thanks Chris, I'll look forward to a return to normal service a little later today.
mbeenham
Rising Star

Excellent.
8128 at 8dB restored almost immediately AND the PN copy of my IP Profile synced too!
Thank you very much, good response really appreciated.