cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody Cares..... switch it off for a bit ......

markshaw

Nobody Cares..... switch it off for a bit ......

Well .. my service went down from 16Mb to about 8 on thursday so I logged a fault ... i was told there was a battery connection problem on the line ... so rubbish service all over the weekend .. Openreach engineer visited and fixed the underground problem today and it was still running at 8 Mb... contacted support who gave me the old switch it off and on agan flannel .. Asked for an escalation and told that cant happen until another Openreach engineer has been ... I guess as punishment for complaining I am now running at 2.5Mb ... and waiting for a Supervisor to call me back as promised by the (lack of) support desk....  Perhaps I need to cancel my fibre install and go to a provider that actually cares about solving its customers problems ...  Undecided  very very frustrated Plusnet
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Nobody Cares..... switch it off for a bit ......

Run a BT speed test and check what it says for your IP Profile. Until that goes back to normal there's not a lot Plusnet can do. Once it is normal go to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate and check that the current line speed is the same (rounded down to the nearest 100).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Yes, if your telephone exchange has been upgraded to BT's 21st century network  (21CN) then if your line speed improves the throttle applied by BT (called your "IP Profile") immediately improves and the throttle applied by Plusnet (your "current line speed") may need to be manually adjusted to match - if you don't want to wait several days.
If you are on an old 20CN exchange then you have to wait several days for the BT throttle to adjust itself upwards and there is nothing Plusnet can do about that.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi markshaw,
Sorry to hear that you are currently having speed issues. I have had a look at your fault and can see that the issue causing this should now have been cleared.
Your profile is correctly configured to receive your 16MB/s and we would not reduce this in anyway unless it needed reducing for better stability/performance.
Your ticket has been updated with the next steps that we need to go down to resolve this for you.
As your ticket is with a colleague I trust that they will see this through to being resolved for you. If you have any issues or need me to act upon anything for you then please let me know and I will gladly assist.
Chris