cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No telephone and no broadband

XTERMY
Dabbler

No telephone and no broadband

I got home from work around 7pm and my telephone and broadband not working at all. Can someone from plusnet have a look at it please
8 REPLIES 8
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: No telephone and no broadband

Hi,
I'm really sorry to hear that you've lost both services. I've created Ticket: 83428557 which details the fault that's been located. We're expecting this issue to be resolved by the end of the day on Monday.
XTERMY
Dabbler

Do I need to be in? Because I won't be able to. I will try to check the ticket , I just don't like to use my phone to use internet.
XTERMY
Dabbler

Oh well, I have just checked and my telephone and internet are working now. Why didn't I check before haha as it looks like my internet was back at 2pm. Looks like I'm in interleaving now Sad Can anyone do something about that so I can go back to fastpath?

Edit: I have just realised that my download speed went down to 55Mbps and my PlusNet current line speed is only 58.6 Mb
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I know I'm a bit late but no access is required for the telephone fault - glad it's fixed now, our suppliers have confirmed this.
Could you please visit http://faults.plus.net and complete the Fault Checker and we'll get your Fibre Speeds sorted out for you - this sometimes happens when Phone Faults occur unfortunately.
XTERMY
Dabbler

Can anything be done about the latency increase on the faults process? Today I have seen my download speeds going down to 42Mbps from yesterday at 55Mbps. My Plusnet IP Profile is still at 58.6Mb. My Upload speeds today went down to 15.9Mbps. Before the telephone fault my speeds have always been 72Mbps down and 18.9Mbps if I don't count the special Plusnet peak times. I can't check my BT IP Profiles as BT Speed Test give me an error on the further diagnostics test.
Yesterday was 1 year since I got Internet with Plusnet so that doesn't look like a good 1st anniversary  Smiley
I have also a bill question. I did check my 27/03/2014 bill and it says £14.99 Line Rent charge from 27/03/2014 to 26/04/2014. I thought Line Rent charge is £14.50 and my telephone line wasn't activated until 12/04/2013 and I paid for a year line rent saver so it doesn't make sense to me paying for it from the 27/03/2014 until 11/04/2014. Can anyone explain that to me please? Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you raise a fault, we'll able to get your connection speeds sorted out and I'm sure that'll also sort out your latency issues too.
With regards to your billing query, it looks as though your Line Rental Saver has expired. We e-mailed you on 25/01/2014 (Service Notice: SN183300365) as a reminder to renew this if you wanted to take the Lien Rental Saver again for a further 12 months.
If you want to locate this, you can visit http://contactus.plus.net If you'd liek to renew ready for next month, you can do this online at https://portal.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal
XTERMY
Dabbler

Can you please have a look as it's taking way too long. Haven't heard anything back about it. Question #83524325.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi XTERMY,
Sorry for the wait!
I'll get this chased for you and a member of our Faults team should provide an update by the end of the day.