cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No synch for 24 hours - still not referrd to BT

slainspark

No synch for 24 hours - still not referrd to BT

We had a synch problem yesterday morning so trying to by-pass the delay in first answer to tickets I held on the phone for 30 mins to speak to TS. Did all the usual checks and agreed it looked like a line fault (line has previous history of an intermittent fault).
Find this morning that the ticket has not progressed at all - more worryingly I note the target time to resolve a connection fault is 7 days !
8 REPLIES 8
godsell4
Rising Star

Re: No synch for 24 hours - still not referrd to BT

Are there any problems with the sound quality of phone calls ? If so, you can get much quicker action by dialling 151 and raising a 'voice fault' do not mention ADSL at all.
If not, you are in the hands of PN.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
LiamM
Grafter

Quote from: godsell4
If not, you are in the hands of PN.

To a certain extent.  Though the only difference is PlusNet raise the fault through to the supplier (BT Wholesale or Tiscali) instead of the EU.
Unfortunately, line faults usually do take a few days to resolve because of the to-ing and fro-ing between BT, PlusNet and the customer.  BT may need to send an engineer either to your property or to the exchange and the lead time on an engineer visit is generally around 2-5 days.  Thats after they've done their preliminary diagnostics and PlusNet have too.  It can be longer if you're on LLU (as it has to go to Tiscali to then raise to BT).
Bear in mind that this would be the case whoever your ADSL provider was.
... and as godsell said, if it's a general line fault (affecting your voice calls too) then raise it directly with BT yourself without mentioning the ADSL as its likely to be looked at quicker and BT resolving that will normally fix the ADSL too.
slainspark

Quote from: LiamM

Bear in mind that this would be the case whoever your ADSL provider was.
... and as godsell said, if it's a general line fault (affecting your voice calls too) then raise it directly with BT yourself without mentioning the ADSL as its likely to be looked at quicker and BT resolving that will normally fix the ADSL too.

There is no voice fault so we cannot take that route. The delay is caused by the time it takes for various agents to get round to handling the ticket - we were asked to retest the equipment this morning with the same result - no synch. Now we are waiting for someone to pick that retest information up. This is not the way other providers operate.
As a result of this delay I have asked for MAC codes on other lines I manage. Agents have tried to contact me to "discuss the issues" Maybe these agents would be better employed fixing the issues in the first place.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

As a result of this delay I have asked for MAC codes on other lines I manage.

As a user and not in any way affiliated with Plusnet other than having had experience of the fault fixing process may I ask why you are asking for MAC codes on lines you ‘manage’?
First it seems for the statement you are a ‘Business’ if so are you talking to the correct department, as in ‘Business faults’ as apposed to ‘Consumer Faults’ and if you are a business have you consulted with the other users of the lines you ‘manage’ and received their thoughts as to why they should also change just because you are upset with the service you received.
Are all the other ‘managed’ lines aware they may receive charges applied to their disconnection and reconnection costs if they have contracts outstanding on those lines and are you prepared to cover those costs if the third parties refuse to cover the costs because you arbitrarily chose to change their internet provider when there was no fault present on their line.
As has been pointed out faults do take time to fix (mine took three months) and BT Wholesale and dear old Openreach are not the fastest repair company off the blocks. You do have to do all the tests just to confirm the fault is not ‘your end’ otherwise BT can and will make huge charges against you if the problem is yours and not ‘theirs’.
As your line has a history of ‘intermittent’ problems you could have tried a call to BT voice support, ask for it to be escalated and see if someone higher up can locate the fault. Note you cannot have both a voice and broadband fault open at the same time.
I know you are frustrated but think this through carefully as the jump to someone else may not be as ‘green’ as you wish and then you would end up with some very upset ‘managed’ users.
Just my thoughts, ignore if you so wish, regards, P.
James
Grafter

Hi Slainspark,
Just to let you know that your fault is currently with BT after having been passed back to them.  We'll let you know of the next step once we have heard back from them.
Thank you for your patience.
slainspark

Quote from: James
Hi Slainspark,
Just to let you know that your fault is currently with BT after having been passed back to them.  We'll let you know of the next step once we have heard back from them.
Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately the line came back into synch for a few hours yesterday afternoon so apparently it now has to be resubmitted to BT as an intermittent synch problem. So 24 hours from yesterday morning we are no further forward. It takes so long for faults to pick up the user responses that it will probably be tomorrow before we get any further "action"
My patince allocated to this problem long since expired !
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Thanks for the update.  I'll try and get one of our faults agents to pick up on this as soon as possible.
James
Grafter

Me again Smiley
I've just booked an engineer appt for 9-1 tomorrow.  Please shout loudly if that's not okay.