cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sync

tjd
Grafter

No sync

Since last Wednesday when my broadband went active, the majority of the time i've had no sync..
When it does sync it's stable, and sometimes stays synced for hours.. "even the best part of a day, yesterday for example."
Question is, any idea why it keeps losing sync? It's got me confused as it stayed on since before 5:00pm last night, overnight.. and until i tried downloading something this morning.
Since then the sync light just keeps flashing continuously.
I've not idea what's the problem, and currently have a ticket open with Plusnet about this.
Also, i really doubt it's a filter / internal wiring problem, as the internal wiring / sockets are less than a month old.. and when i can sync there's virtually no speed increase by changing sockets etc.
It's been a week since i've been "activated" and it's still having sync problems.
Here's the stats from when it was synced for a decent time yesterday :
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:05:32

DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 1,408

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 17.0

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.0 / 50.0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 18.0 / 13.5

Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote): 0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 192

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
Would appreciate any advice / input
Also, would it be a good idea to ring BT "As i'm almost positive it's not a fault on my part, or any sockets / wiring."
Would i be liable to a call out charge or anything also?
6 REPLIES 6
Denzil
Grafter

Re: No sync

You won't gain by calling BT, as broadband service are provided by BT Wholesale, who normally only deal with the ISP on technical issues. Plusnet are more helpful than most when it comes to sorting out issues like this, so I would give them a chance to go through the fault checking process.
The sync rate shown is a bit low for a 50dB line. Have you tried plugging the router directly into the BT test socket? You will find the test socket by unscrewing the bottom half of your BT master socket. This will completely rule out your wiring as being an issue.
What make and model of router are you using? Can you get hold of another one to rule out a problem with it?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As Denzil says, I'd expect the sync rate to be higher on a 50db line than that. Run through the faults checker when you can next get online (can be from any PC) and our team here will pick it up for you.
http://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tjd
Grafter

Yeah i've tested it in the master / test socket, "the one behind the faceplate of master socket." There's no difference in speed, and it still won't let me sync when i try this.
Also i've already filled a fault sheet in, so i guess i'll just have to wait and see Wink
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The latest on the ticket is from one of our faults team asking if you were able to try an alternate router on the line? If not they may be able to supply one to test, if you reply to the ticket I'll give them a nudge to pick it up.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tjd
Grafter

Was going to reply but i see my brother beat me to it.
The router just gained sync, albeit at a sluggish speed :
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:03:34

DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 832

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 16.0

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.0 / 50.0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 18.0 / 16.0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote): 0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
Any ideas when this will become a higher speed?
Thanks alot for your help btw  Wink
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As already suggested you need to try another modem/router, but try a different filter first. (Beg or borrow them if you haven't got any - PN can oblige if you're stuck).