cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No support in time of need

wingercop

No support in time of need

I have attempted phone support for three days ...not taking calls. My WiFi is rubbish I have bought a third party router Plusnet paying and it won’t connect need advise from support cannot get hold of anybody inc chat...

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: No support in time of need

@wingercop  Welcome to the forum.

A word of advice.

Rather than come to this forum to complain, if you tell us the make and model of modem/router that you have purchased plus whether you are on ADSL or fibre you will very probably get the support that you seek from fellow Plusnet customers.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

wingercop

With respect I am new and I feel you comment is out of order to be honest I have to start somewhere as I have had trouble for months. Tripping out every 2 mins not fully reaching my bedroom which is five paces from the router. In the end Plusnet advised me to by a third party router...so I did. I have attempted to connect it several times without luck. I was hoping Plusnet support could shed light on why. I have Tplink TD-w9970 of which I am trying to connect to Plusnet. I says it supports a Plusnet.....I don’t think it’s a set up issue I was wondering if Plusnet needed to flick a switch or something as a third party router. 

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Hello @wingercop 

As you can imagine Plus Net support are a bit thin on the ground at present.

The help pages here may be of use, take a look at this link.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Are you using any special characters in your password as have caused issues

Good luck

Dan.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@wingercop wrote:

I don’t think it’s a set up issue I was wondering if Plusnet needed to flick a switch or something as a third party router. 

Just to clear up that point.

If you've previously had working broadband with a Plusnet router, changing to a third party device requires no changes at Plusnet's end.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)