cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No streaming or Love Film since swtiching to PlusNet

VeryAngry

No streaming or Love Film since swtiching to PlusNet

Hi,
I have in the last week switched to PlusNet Fibre in the last week coming from normal ADSL from another ISP which gave me 7 mbps which enabled me to stream any content without any problems. Since having PlusNet Fibre I cannot stream without major problems on the main 4  networks catchup TV and I have not been able to watch anything on Love Film as it times out!
My connection speeds have been going from 3 mbps to 18 mbps and even at one point up to 33 mbps but still I cannot stream anything and this includes weekdays off peak.
I have tried to cancel the contract on the basis I cannot use the service for anything useful but have been told I cannot cancel.
Anyone had similar problems if so what was your resolution?
Next step is Offcom and Legal Advice.
VeryAngry
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No streaming or Love Film since swtiching to PlusNet

If you haven't already, then I'd strongly suggest following our faults procedure, that's more than likely also what you'll be told should you get legal advice (I am not a lawyer).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
VeryAngry

I have and have provided speed test results, but it seems I am not the only person with this problem.
WWWombat
Grafter

No such problem here - and barely any problem during last week's network outage problems.
To be honest, I don't think I've heard of anyone having this kind of problem on a fibre line before now. Some people with slower speeds than expected (or desired), yes - but those stay relatively constant. But not a problem where the line is unstable, and keeps getting different speeds.
Perhaps we should check - when you mention the various speeds, are you talking about sync speeds on the modem, or IP profile speeds (reported by the BT speedtester), or download speeds? If download speeds, where & when did you measure them?
The answer to that should tell us whether the problem is with the line, and perhaps with DLM, or somewhere else.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Is the issue the same with different PCs on your network, and if so does using a different router (if you've one available to test) make any difference at all?