cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sign of Openreach to do my install!!

emtee
Grafter

No sign of Openreach to do my install!!

After all the hassles of trying to get my FTTC ordered, I eventually got a confirmed appointment for today 8-1
I wasn't originally going to be home this week but, because of all the problems, I didn't want to tempt fate and change the appointment. So I moved heaven and earth so that I'd be here this morning for BTOR. It's now 1pm and no sign of anyone (and my existing BB is still connected).
I'm sick to death of this.
If I am not in when they call within the slot, Openreach charges an Abortive Visit Charge of £90+VAT - if they don't turn up within the slot, I should be entitled to the same.
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: No sign of Openreach to do my install!!

You are actually entitled to £45.
http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
emtee
Grafter

Thanks, I hadn't realised it was £45 - but, as I said, I should be entitled to the same as Openreach (it cost me just over  £90 to ensure that I was in!)
All I've got to do is figure out how to claim it.  Smiley
emtee
Grafter

If anyone from support reads this, can they please find out what is going on. Getting through to phone support is proving almost impossible.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I've just had a look and we got an update about 10 minutes ago from BT saying they were unable to send the engineer.  I'll see what I can do about getting your order booking back in.
Really sorry about that Sad
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
emtee
Grafter

Thanks. How incompetent is that. Surely they must have known ahead of time that they were unable to send an engineer - even a phone call first thing this morning would have been a huge help.
With the uptake on this rural project, I now suspect that the installation is going to be well into the New Year.
I know PN is at the mercy of BTOR, but my contract is with PN and this, together with the rubbish being talked about the failure of the order at the beginning of December, is really making me regret staying with PN.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I've asked our Provisioning Team to get on reordering as soon as possible.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
emtee
Grafter

Thanks. How soon will I know?
With the huge local demand, I can't help feeling it'll be some time (and frustrating - because I was one of the major proponents of this rural scheme, and was supposed to be #2 in the queue - now I'm about 400th!)

emtee
Grafter

Just had a call from Openreach apologising for not turning up. He muttered something about lots of lines being down, diverting engineers (but no explanation of why they couldn't have called to let me know).
Anyway, they've managed to find me an appointment on Monday afternoon.
Will believe it when I see the OR van on the drive Smiley