cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Jackieh

No service

I have had no WiFi or broadband service for over 3 weeks now. I have made 8 phone calls and many emails, but only just had a reason 2 days ago. It would appear that the open reach box is in a pub grounds and ofcourse the pub is now closed so they can’t get access. I have been given £15 goodwill to buy a dongle but that isn’t an ideal solution as my granddaughter is home in isolation from uni and needs to do her course work. When you speak to a csc they are very apologetic and helpful but as soon as the phone all ends there has been zero follow up despite many promises and reassurances. I don’t know where to turn to.

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No service

Hi there and sorry to see this. Given the current situation it might take some time to arrange access for engineer to gain access to the property you mentioned. Even if the business is closed it should still be possible for Openreach to arrange this. 

Please bear with us and I'll chase this up with our suppliers tomorrow to make sure that's being looked into.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just spoken with Openreach and have made sure that they continue to try and get in touch with the premises in question by phone, we're unsure if the owner/landlord lives on site but it's likely they may have calls redirected to their mobile or home number if not so I'll make sure they keep trying to make contact in order to arrange the engineer access. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jackieh

Adam I do understand the chance of this getting resolved is pretty remote now, but it is 4 weeks without any service. It should have been resolved as promised within the first 72 hours. My granddaughter can’t download any of her coursework for uni, and we have very poor access to any WiFi which makes contact with other family members almost impossible at this awful time. We have already spent the refund of March payment ant the £15 goodwill on extra phone data. Very disappointed with plusnet right now.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I understand, I'll continue to do all that I can to make sure Openreach are doing their utmost to arrange access to the 3rd party property which is what needs to happen to get this fixed for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team