cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sense of urgency to fix ADSL problem

trevorrg22

No sense of urgency to fix ADSL problem

Hi,
I reported a problem with my broadband on Saturday. I lost my connectoion on Saturday morning and haven't
been connected since.
It looks like a fault was traced and the ticket was put somewhere on hold until 'Tuesday 15th'
Well, it's just not good enough. Whenever I lost connection with BT the longest I was without
the internet was 24hours. 
I guess I'm just one customer so what does it matter if PlusNet keep me happy.  The way it's
looking now, when I really need action, the level of service is crap and I certainly couldn't
recommend them.  I shall be looking through my contract to see if there's any chance of
getting out of my contract early.
8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No sense of urgency to fix ADSL problem

Sorry to hear that.
It looks like your session had become stuck on our end.
I've just manually released it now so it should be working shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Matthew,
The suck session issue has been 'profiled' for a long time now - ever since the spate of bng failures.  Does the CSC not have this on their issues check list?  Why does it still take a wizard like yourself to fix this issue?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Townman
The OP raised the fault online so there was no CSC involvement at the beginning.
With regards to the stuck session there is work ongoing to fix this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Matthew,
That is great news, thank you. Any idea of time scales please?
As for involvement, I used / take 'CSC' to be the support channel(s) irrespective of their precise name.  I take it that this issue (via chat, support ticket... etc.) had some touch by a support person who ought to have had stuck session on their check list?
Do you have any guidance for we bright sparks to assist users elimininate this from self help?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: Townman
Matthew,
That is great news, thank you. Any idea of time scales please?

Not much I can say around timescales unfortunately.
As for involvement, I used / take 'CSC' to be the support channel(s) irrespective of their precise name.  I take it that this issue (via chat, support ticket... etc.) had some touch by a support person who ought to have had stuck session on their check list?

At the point Matthew looked at this there had been no involvement from anyone on our side, it had simply been through the automated faults checker.
Do you have any guidance for we bright sparks to assist users elimininate this from self help?

Unfortunately I don't think there's an easy way to identify this as we can see if based on the RADIUS logs.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Chris
it had simply been through the automated faults checker.

Might that get enhanced to check for stale sessions?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Is the config change for Technicolor 10.2 firmware still relevant?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

If it is, that ought to be possible to put into the auto config ... not that it will help much at the time someone encounters the issue but have not already had it 'patched'.  Sad