cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router delivered twice and now having to wait another 5 days for another inevitable no show!

jmr570

No router delivered twice and now having to wait another 5 days for another inevitable no show!

I ordered PlusNet broadband and phone at the end of July. It was to be activated on the 17th August. Fine. Except our router didn't arrive. Called PlusNet and they asked if I'd like the new router to be delivered to an alternative address, I said no. Let's try again.
The second router didn't arrive either. I'm currently writing my thesis and my boyfriend is a teacher preparing lessons ready for September. So far we've forked out an additional £25 to tether our laptops to our phones.
Today I was told by PlusNet that I could not, in fact, change the delivery address for the new, third router. I couldn't speak to a manager because of coronavirus (?!) and when pressed, I could speak to a manager but only in three days (?!). Now I've got to wait ANOTHER five days for a new router to arrive, but was assured not to worry because it will be sent 1st class Royal Mail (like, I assume, the two before that). If this one doesn't arrive, only then can I escalate it to the "deliveries team".
Despite not having received any kind of service, I cannot cancel because the two week grace period is over. This one really blows my mind, because my WiFi wouldn't have been activated until the two week grace period was over anyway.
Surely this is not right. This is, without a doubt, the worst customer service I have ever received. Has anybody has a similar experience, and if so, what did you do? This is like a thorn in my side and it's driving me crazy! Please help!
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No router delivered twice and now having to wait another 5 days for another inevitable no show!

Hi there, I'm really sorry to see this. I can see a colleague has arranged a good will gesture so you can purchase your own router if that works out to be a quicker resolution for you. 

Our router deliveries usually take up to 5 working days in total but often arrive well within that time frame, often on the next day.

I'll be in touch myself and make sure that your extra data costs are covered too.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: No router delivered twice and now having to wait another 5 days for another inevitable no show!

I can see exactly what's gone wrong here.

The address for delivery is not in a sensible format which means Royal Mail will have struggled to locate your dwelling.

I've corrected the issue and arranged dispatch of another device, so you may get further emails about a router being delivered. I'm confident this one will actually turn up though!

Apologies for all the hassle Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@bobpullen wrote:

I can see exactly what's gone wrong here.

The address for delivery is not in a sensible format which means Royal Mail will have struggled to locate your dwelling.

How did this happen?

Surely the ordering process takes (validates) the address from (against) the Post office Address File (aka PAF) so how is it possible for there to be an address which the post office cannot deliver to?  Was the address 'over-ridden' by the user or is this a new-build development not yet in PAF?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jmr570

Hey Adam, 

Thank you for your help. We really appreciate it 🙂 

Jasmine 

jmr570

Hey Bob, 

Thank you so much for your help. After I had calmed down earlier, I tried one more time and got through to a really helpful lady called Margarita. She told us that we can just buy our own router from Amazon and PlusNet will reimburse us. I wish we'd have known this from the beginning. We received the WiFi credentials we will need to use when setting up our new router through the post, so I have no idea why the router itself did not arrive. Nevertheless, hopefully everything is solved now. 

Again, thanks for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it! 

androidGB
Grafter

@Townman 

I have had the same issue not received any of the two router allegedly dispatch.

Bob has arranged yey another.

When he showed me the address they had on record, it was accurate enough for delivery, but had been changed slightly from what I input. (Our house name had been changed from two words to one, and our district had been omitted ) I lived here for 21 years so I'm pretty sure I know my address.

Clearly there are some issues with their software 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@androidGB, your issue is entirely different, although granted the end result is the same Sad
@Townman, the address for router dispatch is pulled through different systems and I've known in rare occasions for it to get truncated in translation. This causes problems where the first line of the address has been populated in a way where it is very long and some of the critical information e.g. flat/apt/street number is at the end of it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Thank you the insight Bob.

Is this consequent to a PAF address being used or manual input? If the latter, might a change request be raised to limit the length of the first line of the address?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.