cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response to raised ticket

louiebluebell

No response to raised ticket

Switched to Plusnet broadband on Saturday. Wireless setup OK but laptop will not connect to internet, tablet and console fine. Online help diagnosed that phoneline (which switched the previous day) was at fault so raised a ticket to have line checked, hence me posting in phone forum. That was 48hrs ago and not heard a thing since. Is this normal service from Plusnet? Not impressed.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: No response to raised ticket

Somebody is feeding you a load of rubbish
If the tablet and console connect to the internet then there isn't a line fault
Have you tried connecting the laptop via wire and see if that works
Moved to Broadband and Routers as it isn't a phone service problem
and welcome to the forums even if it is under less than ideal circumstances
louiebluebell

Wasn't a person as such, from my responses to the online questions it was deducted that my line was at fault. It said line would be tested in _next 24hrs. But phone is working. Is working with cable. Any ideas what problem is anyone as I really can face phoning and lose another night tosorting this out.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Some Windows Vista age laptops require a wireless driver update to work with the 582n router.
louiebluebell

Thanks. Just trying that.
louiebluebell

Well whadya know, that was it. Solved thanks to forum peeps, google via ethernet and a bit of saavy. And NO thanks at all to Plusnet tech help. Phone line indeed!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi louiebluebell,
I'm sorry that it's taken so long for us to get back to you. Some queries can take longer than others for us to investigate, but I appreciate that this should have been dealt with quicker, for which I'm sorry.
I'm glad that our Community have been able to help you resolve this issue. Generally asking around on Community Forums or Google in general can help you with connectivity issues such as you were facing.