cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response to a support ticket?

giz10p
Dabbler

No response to a support ticket?

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get a reply to a support ticket?
I raised a fault on ticket #37961875 on the 14th and still nothing on the 17th but an automated reply to it which was also on the 14th shortly after I posted it.
Thanks,
Craig
56 REPLIES 56
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No response to a support ticket?

Hi giz10p,
First thing I would do is reboot. Your connection has been up for over 8 days. You also need to try your connection in the test socket, if not already.
Jojo Smiley
jheenan
Grafter

Quote from: giz10p
Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get a reply to a support ticket?
I raised a fault on ticket #37961875 on the 14th and still nothing on the 17th but an automated reply to it which was also on the 14th shortly after I posted it.

4 days appears to be the average just now.
dhep1957
Grafter

No fixed time, and don't expect a fix when or if they do contact , I have been complaining for FOUR months.
giz10p
Dabbler

Well I did get a phone call from support today telling me a test had shown a number of errors and it would be a line fault, BT say the line tests fine so I've passed it back to support. I hope what you say isn't the norm as I wouldn't wait around that long, this problem has been apatent since connection but it's taken until now for me to rule out everything I can this end.
Hopefully someone will figure out where the problem is.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

No response for 3 days?  lucky you. I got a nice response almost immediately, then nothing since. Although i am apparently in the  going to get a call :-

"Basically the procedure now, your issues is in good hands, our 3rd line faults team will be testing on your connection over the next few days (So it's important you leave your router on) and they will give you a call once they have any information for you, it shouldn't be much more than 48 - 72 hours from you raising the issue."
Now the 18th. Don't hold your breath for a resolution - they got your money already.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Plusnet brought its customer support back to Yorkshire.
<DAYS LATER> it snowed, very heavily - and only a few staff could get in to man the phones, and the phonelines were closed overnight
the result - hunders more tickets open than "normal"
as soon as PN start to get back to go through the tickets
we get more snow, and now more issues.. so id expect PN to start struggling to get tickets answered quickly (afaik - theyre still working through the last backlog)
Just needs a little patience and thought, we all complained about the Durban call centre because it was giving out poor answers and were generally unhelpful - but in situations like this, they would have been valuable
(This does not mean im not glad it is gone!)
dhep1957
Grafter

Oh yes I got 'the phone call' then nothing, sent it to CISAS, they told me they have many complaints about plusnet especially about speeds.
giz10p
Dabbler

Well I was told there was a line fault and the fault was handed back to me to pass it to bt, bt checked the line and said everything was fine. Gave it back to plusnet to wait 72 hours for them to say the exact same thing to me again and I needed to get bt to check it AGAIN. Obviously i called bt, no fault found... what a load of rubbish, why tell me to do the same thing again when the test was ok ?!!?!?  Angry
jheenan
Grafter

There should be a ticket on your account in the my questions section of the portal - check there and see exactly what plus.net's testing said the fault was?
There are some oddities around - eg: if you have a master socket that's over a certain age, plus will show a "dis" (disconnected) fault (as that's what the BT automated test systems says due to master socket being old enough to not have a resistor needed for the automated testing to work), meaning the line is totally disconnected, which isn't actually a fault as such, and BT won't recognise that as a fault if you can make calls from the line (obviously).
giz10p
Dabbler

Hi jheenan ,
It comes back as battery contact fault T051..
The master socket is a new openreach one with ADSL faceplace / filter.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI giz10p,
When we tested the line we ran a copper line test and this failed. If we were your phone provider we would get this rectified for you. Unfortunately we are unable to raise a broadband fault while this result is showing as our faults system just refers you to your supplier.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI jheenan,

Just to let you know I've nudged yours along too.
Jojo Smiley
jheenan
Grafter

Quote from: giz10p
Hi jheenan ,
It comes back as battery contact fault T051..
The master socket is a new openreach one with ADSL faceplace / filter.

Apparently that means "Battery Contact - Line is in contact with another. Could be worn isolation or water on the line."
I think unfortunately you have to persist with BT - go back to them and say explicitly that testing on your line has reported a battery contact fault. If they're not seeing it then I guess you have to insist that it's intermittent.
(Alternatively transfer your phone service over to plus.net, and then they'll be able to call out the right part of BT to get the battery contact fault fixed!)
The different parts of BT make this kind of fault very "fun" 😞
jheenan
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
HI jheenan,

Just to let you know I've nudged yours along too.
Jojo Smiley

Thanks Jojo Smiley I missed the phone call, but apparently I'm going to have interleaving switched on. (My router reckoned it was already on at a depth of 8 on upstream and 8 on downstream, so I guess I should expect to see those figures increase once the order has worked it's way through the system.)