cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from support since Friday 3/12

bobp
Grafter

No response from support since Friday 3/12

Speed dropped to a trickle on Friday, having been OK on Thursday. Went through the automated checker and final message from Help Assistant was
Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]
The Connection checks have now completed
Test result summary: Fail
We have completed testing of your broadband service, the results indicate a potential fault with the BT network or service equipment. We will continue to investigate, and will provide an update as soon as possible. Please note that it may take 48 hours for BT to provide us with more information.
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
Since then I have heard nothing and my download speed from the latest BT speedcheck was 12 Kbps.
It would be nice to know what's going on.  Just saying we haven't heard from BT yet would be something.
bobp
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No response from support since Friday 3/12

Hi bobp,
Although your fault is raised as a speed fault I can see that the drop in speed has been caused by an intermittent connection and as such the line has been banded so that it can't sync above 288k. I can ask for this to be removed but I need to make sure of a few things first. How is your kit set up?
Are you currently plugged into the test socket?
Jojo Smiley
bobp
Grafter

Thanks Jojo
Just got back from shopping, including tea-cakes for toasting.
Yes  - plugged in to test socket.  Only other equipment on the line is burglar alarm which has its own filter and was tested 3 weeks ago. No phones, nothing else.
According to BT Infinity availability checker 'Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2010.' This means there is a lot of fiddling with cabinets and presumably at the exchange (Kingsmead) at present.
bobp
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI bobp,
in response to your PM, when your line keeps dropping connection then BT's line management system (DLM) will slow down your connection in in order to stabilise the line. I've one of our faults guys picking this up for you now so you should get an update shortly.
Jojo Smiley