cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No llu in manchester since 16:15

catgut
Dabbler

No llu in manchester since 16:15

why can't the service status be amended more quicly so that people can stop wasting their time trying to report problems via dialup when its not a problem at their end.
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: No llu in manchester since 16:15

Hi there,
We picked this one up at about 16:45.  We're currently recording a service status message and posting one in the normal fashion (which takes about 15 minutes to hit the portal).
Please do accept both mine and our apologies for any inconveniences caused.  We've located the issue and LLU customer should now be able to reconnect.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Same problem here from 16:10 ish.
Was this a general LLU issue (authentication for me) or just certain  exchanges. Mine is Luon.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looks like a Tiscali core network switch from the information I have available. Bob has just put a SS out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
catgut
Dabbler

back on line after 65mins. Would it be possible to have a section where people could report such episodes, so that others don't then spend 30mins trying to report it or reboot and run antivirus etc. thanks for your reply though,appreciated.
James
Grafter

Hi Catgut,
Essentially, that's the beauty of forums.  We'll never ever be able to get an announcement out within 10 minutes with things like this, becasue we first have to detect the issue and then write the service status message (which also needs proof reading before it's posted).  But with forums (if you are able to get online via dialup) then the community are able to support each other.
I do appreciate the frustration though.