cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

Jad

No internet

My broadband is down and has been for 48 hours. It says I am connected but with problems. Tried all the usual things to reset but no joy and the Plusnet helpline is dead. Can anyone help. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
dorrah24

Re: No internet

Same problem here! I can't believe each call I make is just cut off... I'd understand a long wait but not even to take our calls?!
Sorry it's not any help but thought I'd share in the pain, I wish you luck with your connection.
Jad

I know it’s ridiculous. It even says there are plenty of options to get help when there isn’t at all. My housemate works from home too and is dependent on being connected. Very poor from plusnet.
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @Jad and @dorrah24

Sorry to hear of the frustrations that have been caused. I can see that now both have an active broadband connection.

Our call queues are a little longer than expected, and we can only allow so many customers to join the queue. As I am sure that you can appreciate, we are all adjusting to changes caused be Covid-19, even call centre staff.

Please do let us know if you have any further problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Jad

Hi,

Yes my connection is working fine now. However I only got through as I tried connecting to a different department who put me through to an engineer right away.

Thought it was quite bad that you closed off the help lines. It would be better if you just let people join a que. At least they know help is at hand rather than waiting 3 days without any service.

Thanks for the reply though.

Jad
dorrah24

Yes you can see that there is an active broadband now. Luckily I was able to get through on the phone.
I and I think most people understand the current situation. I was fully expecting an hour long wait or more on the phone, and I'd be ok with that. The frustration occurs when the phones are appearing closed, the online chat is offline, the Twitter and Facebook accounts ignore me, and the only thing anyone can do is post on here.

In these times many people are working from home. Myself included, having no internet makes this impossible. I was unable to work so in that situation I would like to be able to get through on the phone to someone.

The annoyance intensifies when the issue is not within my property, and set up was working perfectly previously.
Thankfully I was able to get a very kind and helpful call advisor when I did get through. Who was able to test my line and see there were rather large issues with it, an engineer was called out. Turns out in the area I live many people were having issues. So it was obviously a rather large problem that wouldn't just go away and sort itself out.
Thankfully it seems to be working now, although slower speeds than usual but that's fine I can understand times are hard and I will just suck it up.

A suggestion may be to alter your voice machine to at least explain that there are too many callers and you can not join the queue and to try later? As when did happen seems to just cut caller off.

Still after all that is said and done, it is nice that you are at least checking in now.