cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

Giles3232

No internet

My internet is dropping constantly, making it completely unusable. This is a problem as we are relying on the connection for work. I cannot get through on the phone lines or online chat. I reported a fault last week and whatever was done has made the situation even worse. Please can someone fix this?
7 REPLIES 7
Giles3232

Re: No internet

No one has replied to my post or my support ticket. I can't get through on the phone and the online chat is down - the phone line states to use the forum but  nobody is monitoring it. This is not helpful! Am I going to get a refund for the period of time that my internet has been unusable?

Conorharvey

I'm having the same problem , dropping out every 45 minutes. For about 5/10 mins!
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Giles3232 and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're still seeing issues with your connection as of recent. I've looked into and replied to your open fault ticket with step I beleive may help moving forwards for you. The fault ticket can be seen here.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Conorharvey, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues at the moment. Checking over your connection and see by the graph below we are seeing multiple drops in connection which certainly hint something is out of place somewhere.

Our tests however aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue and pointing towards the customer premises as the fault location so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault. Just a heads up however that our suppliers are currently checking and testing everything they can external to properties however if a visit is needed and the problem is something internal then delays could be occurred in resolving the issue. Let us know how it goes.

Giles3232

Dear Ben,

Thank you for looking into this but my IT department at work have investigated (since I had to wait so long for a response from Plusnet!) and they say that my internet connection is faulty. I have sent you a screenshot on the support ticket. Please can you look into this?

Also please do not send any suggestions that I pay more to upgrade my internet connection (which seems to be the solution every time I manage to speak to anyone) when Plusnet are not delivering on the current one!

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Giles3232, thanks for getting back to me. Apologies for the time it took to pick up and get back to you regarding this issue however given the current climate I hope you can appreciate that both we and our suppliers are prioritising those vulnerable and in most need of their services and there are being delays in both working and resolving faults at present. I have replied to your fault ticket and explained my thoughts around your connection and performance issues currently and what steps I beleive may help us narrow down any potential underlying issues.
With all due respect, if we notice that your usage or needs for the broadband are more than your current package offers and looks to be the cause behind the performance issues then we would advise on how to get on a product more suited to your needs.
Your fault ticket I've updated can be seen here.

Giles3232

Hello,

I still have not resolved this issue. Another support assistant checked my ticket today but doesn't seem to have read my previous comments on the problem so just checked the speeds again (there is no problem with the speeds - the problem is that the internet cuts out whenever I upload - even a 1MB file causes this, so it is not much good whatever speed I get as it is literally impossible to upload!).

The problem described here:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Uploading-causing-connection-drop/td-p/1766295

is exactly what is happening to me, leading me to believe there is a problem with the router. On that forum, the problem was resolved by the support assistant doing something to the router. Can someone sort this?

Thanks,

Giles