cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

tracyg69

No internet

Hi all,

With our plusnet service everytime you reconnect to the network e.g. My phone connects when I return home from work, it connects to the router but then it says the Internet is unavailable. I then have to select another network (trying to connect to a neighbours signal) and then i have to reselect the plusnet and it connects straightaway to the Internet. It was doing it infrequently when I first joined but now its every single time and its beyond annoying. For some devices it won't even connect, my echo has never been switched off, but it's never really been used, and I went to use it the other day I tried to connect to the network and it says I'm connected but there's no Internet. Its just so infuriating. also the internet is cutting out all the time, i have rang numerous times and still no joy i give up!!!the blue light is still on when we cant get internet so dont understand, and sometimes its flashing orange, this is happening more and more. 

I've tried searching all weekend for answers but it's difficult to find a result for the above.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: No internet

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having.

We can see there have been a few drops here and there as shown below

Do the drops shown above match up with what you're seeing?

With regards to your phone not connecting it may be worth desyncing the wireless bands as shown here

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
tracyg69

Can anyone help with my ongoing issue?? Is our hub I need of replacing?? Is it a line issue?? Is it external??
It’s fine to keep taking my money but it’s not fine that I’m paying for absolute s....
I am going to look at changing providers
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

From what I can see there are no issues with the broadband signal coming into your router which is the service we're providing you. Do you experience the same problem using a device connected to your router via an ethernet cable?

It may also be worth answering the questions my colleague asked as this will help identify where the problem lies. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet