cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

paddyflan

No internet

Hi
Is there a problem with the internet? We had no internet all yesterday evening and again this morning........................Cornwall
Paddy
6 REPLIES 6
Blake
Grafter

Re: No internet

What is the status of your broadband light?
If flashing or off you have lossed connection to the exchange and it is unable to perform handshake and the first thing to do would be place in test socket and if still no luck,  replace the filter.
If your broadband light is constant then you could try using the pinhole and the back to do a factory reset or login to the router and manually configure for your connection.
If you are unable to get passed an issue of no connection to the exchange or intermittently connects then check if you have a dialling tone/check for noise on the line.
You could also check for an outage in your area,  this link is usually fairly good;
http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status/
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From what I can see you've changed your password but you haven't changed it in your router?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
paddyflan

Hi
When I changed my password through your website. It said that if my router was on and connected then it would automatically change the password.
I'm assuming you mean the password that I use in conjunction with my user name when signing into your website.
How do I remedy this please?
dick:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The router isn't pulling the newest password down. If you log in to 192.168.1.254 using 'admin' as the username and the serial number as the password you should be able to update the connection password.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
paddyflan

Thanks for that. The problem is I am at work and cannot access the internet at home to do this. Do I need to connect to a desktop to do this?
dick:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Any device that can access a web browser should be able to do it as long as you're connected to the router (wifi or ethernet).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.