Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet with Dlink 2680 Router

FIXED
Kchan
Fixes: 1

No internet with Dlink 2680 Router

Hello, 

I was hoping to reuse my Talk Talk Dlink 2680 router for Plusnet Adsl broadband.

I have reset the router to factory settings, entered the new Plusnet settings. But the dsl light is orange and the internet light at the front of the router is red. Next, I entered the dns server settings and disabled TR-069 remote configuration, but still no success.

Unable to get through to Plusnet's helping due to long call wait time. 

Any ideas why it's not working and things I could try please?

3 REPLIES 3
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: No internet with Dlink 2680 Router

I am currently using the same router on Plusnet, so it certainly can be used. It is running a bit slower than I was used to with my Plusnet Technicolor TG 582n but currently seems pretty stable.

I also disabled the TR-069 configuration on mine.

I can't think of what can be wrong from the details you gave. Perhaps you could double check that the Plusnet username and password have been correctly entered.

Kchan
Fixes: 1

Fix

Thanks for confirming the router works for you.

I've finally managed to get through to the tech team at Plusnet, who say that there's a problem with my order so the broadband won't be ready for another week.

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

@Kchan

Personally I would get the "free" Plusnet router which will have more than two network ports available. It also "just works" when connected to Plusnet.

I am the satisfied customer....