Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet since around 9 pm

marsbar989
Dabbler

Re: No internet since around 9 pm

Sorry to hijack the thread then!
No not yet. Even though it happened one day last week. The issue went away. I did a BT speed test last night and that showed 4900 which looks good for 20:30 Tuesday night. However from experience when there was a faulty card in the local exchange last year  the speed was still good, even though speedtest.net and pingtest.net showed awful figures and finallly after 4 wks BT changed the card at the exchange and problem went away.
I was going to test again tonight and try again in the early morning before logging a call with Plusnet.
sorry GR4CE and Skylab -
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Might be worth starting a new thread with your problem on it? We'll keep an eye on it then for you and also other members of the community can help out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
GR4CE
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Chris
We've seen a few more examples coming through the call centre so we're speaking to our suppliers to try and find out what's going on.

Thanks, Chris, really appreciated. 
Are they all from the same area?
I explained the issue yesterday on the phone but it wasn't logged because the systems were on unplanned maintenance. Do you want me to call again and leave it registered?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If it starts happening again then I'd suggest raising a fault to us, but if it stays stable then I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
GR4CE
Rising Star

Okay, fingers crossed there's no need!
GR4CE
Rising Star

It's been fine-ish although last night it went up and down a few times then a long down.
This morning it seemed a bit confused, went up and down again a couple of times (2 - 5 minutes downtime), then fine all day and I've just received an upgrade email from PN stating:
"We have good news for you. The exchange equipment we use to provide your service has now been upgraded, and we can offer you a faster 'upto 20Mb' service.
You don't need to do anything, and we'll switch you over automatically, for free.
We expect this to happen within the next 5 weeks...."
Would this have anything to do with the problem? It's a bit too soon though and the speed seems to be the same as before (upload is even worse!)